Are you serious?...

PostPost by: Chancer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

elansprint71 wrote:I photographed this one last week- it said "Rialto" on the front. Presumably an up-market(!) later model?

The photograph has been sepiaised (if that is a word in english) to make it look older than it is, the car was made throughout the 80's and nineties.

When i look at that photo it pushes one of my buttons, the only car (well almost :lol: ) in the street and the ****head still has to park blocking the whole kerb. :cry:

I thought that was the actions of the selfish posh car drivers but clearly its democratic.

My apologies Elansprint, you did in fact say that the photo was taken last week, I presume for the rarity value, also rare these days to see a street not cluttered with other vehicles.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:46 pm

TroonSprint wrote:My very first "car" was a 1955 Reliant three-wheeled convertible. This had the Austin seven side valve engine, a "crash" gearbox, and the bodywork was aluminium. I could drive it on my motorcycle licence and I used to go to school in it. It was great because I could take three mates out with me and we could all keep dry(ish) with the top up. Enthusiastic cornering would always result in one rear wheel coming a foot off the ground, which was quite alarming to the unitiated.

And in case you don't believe there ever was a Reliant convertible, here is a photo of 17 year old me in it. It was called the "Regal" - a less regal conveyance would be hard to imagine.

Mike

Bet that was a 'pulling' machine!!!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Chancer wrote:
elansprint71 wrote:I photographed this one last week- it said "Rialto" on the front. Presumably an up-market(!) later model?

When i look at that photo it pushes one of my buttons, the only car (well almost :lol: ) in the street and the ****head still has to park blocking the whole kerb. :cry:

the reason the car is parked like that is because the handbrake doesn't work...... :lol: fred
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Chancer wrote:

the reason the car is parked like that is because the handbrake doesn't work...... :lol: fred
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: TroonSprint » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Bet that was a 'pulling' machine!!!

Umm, no, I don't think a female person ever rode in that Reliant. I borrowed Dad's car for such outings :D

Once I started working, the Reliant was sold pretty quickly to be replaced by a Ford Anglia 105E in maroon and cream - smooth! I paid ?10 for the Reliant and sold it for ?60. I think it is the only car I ever made a profit on.

Mike
TroonSprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:14 am

Is that Royston Vasey :wink:
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:45 pm

Elanconvert wrote:
Chancer wrote:

That is exactly correct; the car was wedged against the wall! I cannot recall ever seeing such a depressed area in the UK; the best description for those houses is "hovels" something I thought had disappeared a century ago. :-(
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Where was it taken?

You can just give a general area if you like, the houses look like the one that my father was born in, one day I was watching "homes under the hammer" where they usually feature the worst hence cheapest streets, the house looked very familiar and blow me down if it wasnt the same mining village but not the same street.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Chancer wrote:Where was it taken?

You can just give a general area if you like, the houses look like the one that my father was born in, one day I was watching "homes under the hammer" where they usually feature the worst hence cheapest streets, the house looked very familiar and blow me down if it wasnt the same mining village but not the same street.

Back Cambridge Road = Ashton Under Lymme... Google maps is your friend...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: patrics » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:38 pm

I like the the photo - very good

Regards
Steve
patrics
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:56 am

pharriso wrote:
Chancer wrote:Where was it taken?

Back Cambridge Road = Ashton Under Lymme... Google maps is your friend...

The second factory that I was responsible for in the 90's was in Ashton under Lyme and back then it was a pretty dire area in parts, however I did try google maps and the street looked very upmarket, modern and also on the flat and level.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: