So sad

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 am

Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Pistacchio sprint 72 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:26 am

Certainly still worth some money!
Cooled down by CliveyBoy!
Pistacchio sprint 72
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 am

Wow!
What a great barn find!
Should clean up a treat.
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:09 pm

GrUmPyBoDgEr wrote:Wow!
What a great barn find!
Should clean up a treat.

Unfortunately if you plough through the Google translation you eventually find that those photos were taken long ago and the site has now been cleared.

I guess the fact that the cars were just piled up in a park in Germany, not a breakers yard was caused by the wars. And maybe they were eventually melted down to make weapons.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 pm

billwill wrote:
What a great barn find!
Should clean up a treat.

Unfortunately if you plough through the Google translation you eventually find that those photos were taken long ago and the site has now been cleared.

I guess the fact that the cars were just piled up in a park in Germany, not a breakers yard was caused by the wars. And maybe they were eventually melted down to make weapons.

I assume you don't speak German, but I do & a quick glance through confirmed my initial suspicion.
This is a so called "work of art" & as I said "It will clean up a treat" that is after the photo session :D
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RogerFrench » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:56 pm

And many of those cars are long after any war....
RogerFrench
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Don't mention the war!!! :mrgreen:
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:06 pm

My knowledge of German is as old and rusty as those cars (lived in Germany for a total of 8 years as a child), but from the translation I got the impression that the Photography Collection is the Work of Art, but that the locations are/were real,

I can't see any Jag owner deliberately putting a good Jag into that condition for producing photographic art.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm

RogerFrench wrote:And many of those cars are long after any war....

Yeah, I got that bit about the age of the photos wrong. The date 2011 is given as when the site had been cleared with the impression that the photos were taken just a few years earlier than that.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

billwill wrote:My knowledge of German is as old and rusty as those cars (lived in Germany for a total of 8 years as a child), but from the translation I got the impression that the Photography Collection is the Work of Art, but that the locations are/were real,

I can't see any Jag owner deliberately putting a good Jag into that condition for producing photographic art.

I think you will be surprised at what some people will do in the name of art.
The purpose of that picture was to cause different reactions; that's art.
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:20 pm

GrUmPyBoDgEr wrote:
billwill wrote:
What a great barn find!
Should clean up a treat.

I assume you don't speak German, but I do & a quick glance through confirmed my initial suspicion.
This is a so called "work of art" & as I said "It will clean up a treat" that is after the photo session :D

Ah, I see... I had not actually looked at the caption on the picture of the Jag. It actually translates as: "This Jaguar XK 120 Roadster, 1948-1954 is in a private car sculpture park in Germany."

So the photo is a "Work of Art" of the Sculpture Garden a different "Work of Art"
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Perhaps its worth a trip to Dusseldorf ...

http://www.forestpunk.de/index.php?page ... -making-of

Jeremy
(currently in the land of beer and sausage)
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: