GAWD..............

PostPost by: cal44 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:25 pm

What the hell goes through peoples minds..............

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/3960281616.html
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Oh I dunno.....if it wasn't for the wheels, arches and headlights it'd be quite a nice mod'd car........

Not my cup of tea but looks well done
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:53 am

All that work on the engine for 10 hp more than I have with a stroker twincam. He has more torque but I don't think its worth it. "The goal was to build a fun, exciting, and reliable car..." Isn't that what an Elan is in the first place?

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: UAB807F » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:45 am

Well, you could say it's "only had dry use", 'cos there's no windscreen wipers. I'm all for saving weight, but that seems a bit extreme..... :)

Brian
UAB807F
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:17 pm

............OK guys, we also must encourage our pals to further develope the ideas of the elan - due to the fact that no two elans are identical and those rear arches are not to everyones liking - BUT when i got my elan in 81 i?d say mine were worse - i?ll post a picture oy my RED elan before i bought a new DHC body (i think it was 3000quid - is that possible?) have a nice sunday sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 pm

If it's so much fun to drive why is it being sold just after its completion? Its $30,000 price wouldn't cover costs and barely the parts.

Uh, oh; it's just appeared as its own thread in the For Sale section "1968 Lotus S3 - Custom". It's exactly the same as the link on this thread.
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:48 pm

For some reason my post disappeared. Anyway, he had a plan and executed it. We don't know what he started with, and he isn't doing anything that hot rodders haven't been doing for years. Don't know and don't care why it's for sale, but I think the car looks great for what it is and he isn't trying to hide anything, I don't think. Just my half full view on life I guess.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 pm

The great thing about Elan's is that they have such an enthusiastic following there's no chance that even a totally butchered car will be discarded as unsalvageable. The car in question is one persons dream or interpretation of what makes the perfect Elan.

There's bits I like and bits I don't, I wouldn't buy it at it's present price tag because I would have to change too much of what looks to be good quality work, maybe in 10 years time when a few people have had some fun and it looks a bit tired will be the right time to restore to original or customise it further.

Times change, fashions change, we all get older, but not necessarily wiser :mrgreen:
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: