Is Lotus discounting Evora's?

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:20 pm

I would normally post links to adverts on other sites in the proper place, but this is of general interest and could start a discussion.

I had one of my regular trawls through Autotrader yesterday and noticed that there are quite a few brand new Evora's advertised by a franchised dealer at well below list price (?52,500 - ?63,400).

Here's the most affordable at ?39,991 and it's a JPS style limited edition to celebrate the Enstone Lotus Renault teams success in last years F1 season.
Evora.jpg and

Fancy an Evora S with 0-60 mph 4.4 seconds, 0-100 km/h 4.6 seconds, Max speed 178mph (286 km/h), it's yours for just ?42,451
Evora S.jpg and

The discount appears to be in the nature of one third (33%). At the moment it's just one dealer advertising at these prices, so the question to be asked is will the others join in and are Lotus liquidating their stock? And of course why?
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Is Spyder fan discounting Zetecs?

It's interesting to read in the press that well known Elan Nut Alan Thomas has started to look seriously at buying an Evora. As a result there is expected to be a glut of converted and modded Elans hitting the market as fellow Elan hackers and modders follow suit in their lustful thirst for more power. Grumpy Bodger, another known nut with the same affliction told us that he might be tempted by an Exige at these prices.

We should point out that at the moment it's just one looking at Evoras at these prices, so the question to be asked is will the others join in and are they liquidating their stock? And of course why?

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:01 pm

trw99 wrote:Is Spyder fan discounting Zetecs?

Tim

For sale
1no Lotus Elan +2 with full Spyder zetec conversion ?22,000 ovno
1no Lotus Elan S4 SuperSprint Duratec Special ?50,000 no offers
Contact SWMBO if interested

Wanted
Brand new Lotus Evora S priced below ?30,000----- then I might be tempted to actually sell one of the above :wink:
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Spyder fan wrote:For sale
1no Lotus Elan +2 with full Spyder zetec conversion ?22,000 ovno
1no Lotus Elan S4 SuperSprint Duratec Special ?50,000 no offers
Contact SWMBO if interested

:lol: :lol:
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Send for the apostrophe Police.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 pm

elansprint71 wrote:Send for the apostrophe Police.

Whale oil ave a go wots the pay like then?

Oh an' that 99 bloke got it all wrong cus I'm still saving very hard for my 1st F40; no messing with Evoras here 'innit.

(Amazing how little Microsoft spell check dislikes in that little lot!)
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 am

:twisted:
I seem to have a mid-Atlantic version of spell-chequer(!) installed, no use at all.

I've only ever seen two Evora(')s on the road; would I be correct in thinking that tey did not sell too well and most folks with that amount of spare money would have bought something not made of plastic and Evo-Stik?
Come to think of it I've only seen one Europa on the road, yet on paper it looked quite a decent idea.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 am

Pete,
The Evora's are a rare sight on the road even in wealthy eccentric Royal Tunbridge Wells, I spot about one a month. The Europa deserved to do better.

Wealthy folks round here spend their prestige or sports car money on Porsche, BMW, Ferrari etc. Lotus never quite gets the quality / prestige thing right.

There is a price point where most people won't go to with certain products and brands, and North of ?40k for a Lotus is probably one of them.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: