Page 1 of 1

The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 am
by AHM
There is often discussion here about the price of Elan Horn pushes

At least they are not this bad...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTON-MARTIN- ... true&rt=nc

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 am
by UAB807F
Well, you'd expect a bit over the odds, the seller was giving Free P&P after all.... :D

Brian

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 am
by 512BB
And if that was his first listing, then I am a Dutchman. Obviously started another user I/D for it.

Hoe gaat het met je?

Leslie

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 pm
by pharriso
512BB wrote:And if that was his first listing, then I am a Dutchman. Obviously started another user I/D for it.
Leslie


What makes you say that?

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:34 am
by vernon.taylor
Don't think it was 'clubsoulsaver' who had (has) a stack of NOS Lotus horn pushes - not unless he's moved to Scotland. If it's a Lucas stablemate we'll see some more.

Makes the Lotus items seem cheap!

@+

Vernon

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:21 pm
by 512BB
Phil wrote: What makes you say that?

Because Phil, what are the chances of someone coming fresh to Ebay, with no prior sales, and listing an Aston Martin horn push as his [or her] first sale and getting ?600 for it. Very remote, I would think.

They knew it would fetch a princely sum, and therefore started a new listing for it, so as not to get caught up in the ridiculous rules that Ebay have, that have caught many out, with regard to business sellers, me included. In that, I understand from a good friend, that if you exceed ?6k of turnover, in ANY one month, you have to register as a business seller, and that is what I had to do, even though I am not in business. Higher final value fees, higher listing fees, higher frigin everything, together with then having to contend with distance selling regs. Its all bo..o.ks. No wonder some people have numerous nome de plume. I almost swore there, naughty.

Leslie

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 pm
by pharriso
512BB wrote:Phil wrote: What makes you say that?

Because Phil, what are the chances of someone coming fresh to Ebay
Leslie


The id is 4 years old... odd given the 0 rating

You're obviously trying to imply that it was "clubsoulsaver", it categorically isn't...

Over & Out.

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm
by AHM
pharriso wrote:
512BB wrote:Phil wrote: What makes you say that?

Because Phil, what are the chances of someone coming fresh to Ebay
Leslie


The id is 4 years old... odd given the 0 rating

You're obviously trying to imply that it was "clubsoulsaver", it categorically isn't...

Over & Out.


Actually I think it was Leslie's natural cynicism, which is apparently correct, and a very obtuse intimation..... Is 'clubwhoever' a Dutchman then? If not it went stratospherically over his/her and your heads!

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm
by AHM
pharriso wrote:The id is 4 years old... odd given the 0 rating


Easy to buy - you used to be able to buy feedback on ebay as well.

Just to be clear - It is not me and I haven't!

Re: The Price of a Horn Push

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 pm
by 512BB
pharriso wrote; You're obviously trying to imply that it was "clubsoulsaver", it categorically isn't

I wasn't implying anything of the sort. Where on earth did you dream that up from?

I did not notice that he registered the I/D 4 years ago, but that just reiterates my belief, that the user has several I/Ds. I know a number of people who have registered several I/Ds but have not used them as yet.

There was a guy who used to sell original NOS Elan seat belts on ebay. He had several sets and put them on at intervals, using different I/Ds. I bought a couple of sets, and I know a few on here did. I phoned him up 1 day to ask him something, and told him that I had spotted that I thought he had 4 I/Ds. He replied that he actually had 5, and confirmed which ones they were.

Leslie