Show us your Garage

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 pm

In an off-topic sequence in another topic some garage photos were published and Alan Thomas said:
"Can we have some more garage pictures :wink: I really like Bob's 3 door garage with upstairs mezzanine, a lot of houses in the Uk are smaller than that Bob! It looks squeaky clean and new, almost not real in that photo, get the doors open and show us the contents 8)"

So lets have a topic properly for it here with a sensible relevant title.

Perhaps Bob (rdssdi) would like to re-post his picture & description here.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:09 pm

My own garage under my bungalow can be seen here, this picture was taken just after I had completed fitting new wrought iron railings to a freshly re-built front yard, steps and side ramp, but before I had completed painting the railings white.

DSCN1397 (Medium).JPG and
BillWill's Front Yard & Garage
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Bill,
Cool topic 8) I'm getting close to 5 gears, so please forgive me jumping on the bandwagon for every post, only 9 to go, or is that 8 now?

This is a concrete sectional garage built on the plot behind my beach house it's approximately 20x24 feet. It took 2 burly Yorkshiremen just 3 hours to build from a kit of parts, all they needed was strong tea and biscuits.

The base is a reinforced concrete slab that took a little longer to build than the garage at 5 days including removing the old tiny garage (just fitted the S4) and busting up it's base, 2 weeks later the lads arrived with the kit.

Electrics were fitted last week whilst I was at the NEC, I'm looking forward to getting my compressor and air tools hooked up, then it's time to christen it with a few beers for the lads.

IMAG0234.jpg and
IMAG0249.jpg and
IMAG0289.jpg and
IMAG0292.jpg and
IMAG0296.jpg and
+2 stays at home.jpg and
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 pm

where all the magic happened -.........SPREAD OUT !!!!!ed
Attachments
Photo from Downloads.jpg and
P1010042.JPG and
Last edited by twincamman on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm

and Bella the wonder cat from next door with the x ray eyes ----he can see your soul---and is a fine judge of character -but not a very fast sprite driver -ed
Attachments
P1010044.JPG and
Last edited by twincamman on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: uglyduck » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Here is my little garage...during reno and filled. Will be installing a single side post left hopefully in the near future
Attachments
IMG-20121110-00510.jpg and
IMG-20121110-00509.jpg and
IMG-20110628-00005.jpg and
1994 Cateram Supersprint Zetec
2006 Lotus Elise, VF2 supercharged
1970 Lotus 7 S4 race car
1968 Lotus Elan S4 project
1961 Nash Met
uglyduck
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Ugly --you are a brave man ---not a 'drip tray ' in sight ---- 8) ---ed BTW there is a 1971 for sale on kijiijii for 20 k in the Kawartha region ----no interest just saying
Last edited by twincamman on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: uglyduck » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:52 pm

twincamman wrote:Ugly --you are a brave man ---not a 'drip tray ' in sight ---- 8) ---ed

yup...no drip tray because no drips..... well, lets be realistic...just a few drips. The tiled floor is great for clean up, no worries about the paint peeling when I spill brake fluid on it or loctite.
1994 Cateram Supersprint Zetec
2006 Lotus Elise, VF2 supercharged
1970 Lotus 7 S4 race car
1968 Lotus Elan S4 project
1961 Nash Met
uglyduck
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Jon.ford » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 pm

This is my garage I am sure I have an Elan some where behind all those boilers.
Just need to fit them and I can get to my car.
Jon
Attachments
photo[1].JPG and
You know you have a good car when your wife hates it.
Jon.ford
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jack Olsen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:38 am

I do not have a Lotus. And I'm from the United States. But if you can get past those two issues, I have a pretty well-worked-out garage, relative to its size. I do automotive work in it, and also some carpentry and metal fabrication.

I did all the work myself, including setting the tile and digging the pit for the lift. So this isn't an expensive garage. The total budget, including the floor, cabinets, benches and lift was less than US$3,500. Everything in the place is second-hand, re-purposed or home-made.

I also made a website for it: http://www.12-gaugegarage.com

(This is not spam. I don't make any money off of the website and pay for it out of my own pocket.)

Work benches that fold down from the wall:

There is no 911 that's been lowered too much to fit on this lift. And there's nothing to trip over when the car is out.

And it's got its own a video:

The 12-Gauge Garage Video

And yes, a video just about the lift I put in:

My Garage Lift

Is it always this clean? No. Not by a long shot.

But it does go back to clean very quickly -- that's the real accomplishment of it, I think. I finally took the time to work out a place for everything to go when It's not being used.

In practice, it makes a huge difference not having to spend so much time looking for things you've misplaced. I spent years doing that. :mad:

Jack Olsen
New-tral

PostPost by: Jon.ford » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 am

That garage makes mine look a disgrace I think I will spend the weekend tidy up and re planning, to many cars and not enough space . Anyone want to buy a 205 gti or two
Jon ford
Jon.ford
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:47 am

I know what you mean about too many cars - or in my case bikes. The Elan has to share the available space with seven of them at the moment. Plans to solve the problem by extending the garage into the garden have fallen on my wife's deaf ears as she saw the future when we visited some friends in New Jersey last year and looked round their barn sized garage. They've got over thirty bikes sharing the space with a couple of cars.

This was back in the summer -

Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Jack Olsen wrote:I do not have a Lotus. And I'm from the United States. But if you can get past those two issues, I have a pretty well-worked-out garage, relative to its size. I do automotive work in it, and also some carpentry and metal fabrication.

I did all the work myself, including setting the tile and digging the pit for the lift. So this isn't an expensive garage. The total budget, including the floor, cabinets, benches and lift was less than US$3,500. Everything in the place is second-hand, re-purposed or home-made.

I also made a website for it: http://www.12-gaugegarage.com

Work benches that fold down from the wall:

There is no 911 that's been lowered too much to fit on this lift. And there's nothing to trip over when the car is out.

And it's got its own a video:

And yes, a video just about the lift I put in:

Is it always this clean? No. Not by a long shot.

But it does go back to clean very quickly -- that's the real accomplishment of it, I think. I finally took the time to work out a place for everything to go when It's not being used.

In practice, it makes a huge difference not having to spend so much time looking for things you've misplaced. I spent years doing that. :mad:

Jack,
That's a nice post and good pictures, thanks for sharing those with us.

No need to apologise for being from the United States, apparently there are at least 200 million others with the same affliction :wink:

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PeterK » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am

I think that the polite phrase would be bijou, but at least I'm using it :-)
Attachments
Garage 1.JPG and
It can be a squeeze sometimes
Garage 2.JPG and
but more room when the bike's out
PeterK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Jon.ford » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 am

PeterK wrote:I think that the polite phrase would be bijou, but at least I'm using it :-)

That's tight for space in your garage, out of interest did you have to cut front cross member for pulley clearance I thought spyder would have made provision?
Jon
Jon.ford
Second Gear
Second Gear

Next

Total Online: