MY VIEW FROM THE PIT WALL .PETER WARR.WRAPPED UP BY SIMON T

PostPost by: Crusty » Sat May 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks to my Mum and Dad who presented me with this book for my birthday.
I just wanted to post a note here to say the book is a going good I haven?t finished it yet but for everybody on this site it?s a LOTUS must have
Thank you Peter Warr RIP and family,
Simon Taylor you done good
-~------~-----~------~------~-
>.....ELAN 1969 S4 SE COUPE.....<
>...SEE YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE...<
Crusty
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Crusty » Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm

There is a great picture of Peter giving his LOTUS 20 a thorough inspection he just lifts it over on its side the two wheels act as a stand to check the underside
>.....ELAN 1969 S4 SE COUPE.....<
>...SEE YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE...<
Crusty
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: clarko1230 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 am

I just read the book.
I have to say I did not enjoy it....a missing opportunity because Peter Warr could have told very interesting gossip about his years at Team Lotus....a pity
The book seems incomplete as it does not talk about all Lotus drivers he dealt (i.e Piquet or Nakajima for example)
Besides that it could have been written by a regular F1 Racing journalist because it does not tell anything new or interesting.....Senna was an extraordinary driver.....Colin had a difficult personality sometimes....Ronnie was a great person.....Bernie is great guy.....etc.etc.......bla,bla,bla.....zzzzzzzz

Anyway in some paragraphs he recalls an huge accident he had while driving his Elan Plus 2.
On another paragraph he says that Lotus built and special Elan Plus 2 built for Ronnie with the same 4 pedals spec and gearbox used by the Lotus 76!!!!! in order to get used to the F1 car.
Does someone has more info about these two Elans?
clarko1230
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: