Join the fight for fairness now

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Sorry Alex, yes I'm at Silverstone. Went last year and had a ball. Trouble is I'm a tart....so I'll be diving between watching the Lotus Cortinas race, looking at the Elans, the Jags and the old F1 stuff. Like a dog with two...no, like a kid with a new toy.

Hope to catch up there!

I haven't re-set the computer on the Jag since new (don't know how to!) and it's done an average of 26.5 mpg at an average speed of 58 mph. I think I'm getting too old or not trying hard enough, or that 4.2 quad cam 32 valve jobbie is quite efficient, despite my leaden right foot!
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Henry VIIII » Wed May 16, 2012 12:47 am

jono wrote:Bring back the window tax!

Does that mean we will brick up the rear windows of our Coupees? :shock:
Henry
1967 S3 FHC
A joke a day helps you work, rest, and play. :lol:
Henry VIIII
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed May 16, 2012 7:58 am

Henry VIIII wrote:
jono wrote:Bring back the window tax!

Does that mean we will brick up the rear windows of our Coupees? :shock:

No, you will need to chop the roof off, Sue Miller stocks all the parts you will need and I can lend you a genuine Lotus hacksaw specifically used for this purpose in the factory back in the 60's and 70's. :mrgreen:

Regards

Alan
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 am

Elanintheforest wrote:Sorry Alex, yes I'm at Silverstone. Went last year and had a ball. Trouble is I'm a tart....so I'll be diving between watching the Lotus Cortinas race (ARGH!), looking at the Elans, the Jags and the old F1 stuff. Like a dog with two...no, like a kid with a new toy.

Hope to catch up there!

I haven't re-set the computer on the Jag since new (don't know how to!) and it's done an average of 26.5 mpg at an average speed of 58 mph. I think I'm getting too old or not trying hard enough, or that 4.2 quad cam 32 valve jobbie is quite efficient, despite my leaden right foot!
Mark

Mark,
That's a really high average speed, I don't think there's anything wrong with your enthusiasm for getting places. I'm assuming you do a lot of motorway miles to get that figure as my Mini averages 38mph over a month on mixed 'A' roads, some motorway and town driving. Average MPG is mostly above 65mpg unless my wife has been driving in which case it drops to below 60mpg, she doesn't drive fast, just uneconomically :roll:

Alan
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed May 16, 2012 8:20 am

Yes, the commute between Gloucester and Bracknell / Camberley hiked up the average speed pretty effectively. I haven't worked for nearly 3 years now, and my last licence points (which last 3 years) were dropped last week. I have a clean licence for the first time since I was 17!!

Definitely not trying hard enough, although I did have to attend a 'speed awareness' course last week...instead of more points!

I'm now aware.

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm now aware.

Mark

Aye right! You sound like Mrs B.... :wink: I have lost count of the number of my friends who have said some thing like... Hey sir! you were not half shifting going To ..... or coming from ......?? and will not believe it was not me!! I've had a clean sheet for many years, but lets just say Carol has, Errrrrr,, Not!

Catch up with a beer at Silverstone..

Al ' ..... :wink:
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Steve G » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 am

Steve G wrote:How long are we going to be driving electric cars 'on the cheap'? I would say possibly 1 or 2 years, until they become a large minority, say 25% of the vehicles on the road. Then there will be no more free road tax for zero emissions vehicles and they will have to introduce 'electricity for transport' duty or some other concoction. As this will be very tricky to implement they will just add a duty to all electricity. But then people will be generating their own domestic electricity through PV etc. so they will have to invent some other green tax...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18277311

Steve G
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: