Raikkonen drives in Formula 1 for "Lotus"

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:02 am

That's something I never thought I'd see.
I wrongfully predicted here two years ago that Lotus Racing would score three points in their first year. They didn't score any in two years but are still a very respectable team, it's a fast crowd ! Now they're Cateram F1.
So Kimi is back and I firmly believe we will see (the name) Lotus listed in the points totals in fairly quick order in 2012.
GO LOTUS !
An F1 fan, Eric
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:59 am

No, I didn't see that one coming either.
It's a shame there have been so many legal rangles over the Lotus name in F1, at least there will only be one Lotus F1 team next year, unfortunately it'll just be Renault rebadged, & that's where Kimi is going. I would have prefered to see the Lotus badge stay on the green & yellow cars that are, as you say, going to be Caterham next year, they are the true Team Lotus & I believe they are keeping the same driver line up (Truli & Kovalinen) for next year. I hope they have a good season.
As for Renault Lotus taking Kimi on, I don't understand, they had three talented drivers to call on, & that was without the possibility of Robert Kubica making a come back. Instead, they dump a very in form Senna in favour of a driver that never really stood out in my eyes & has been out of the sport for two years ? Oh well.
Sorry guys, but I'll be rooting for Caterham !

Cheers, Tim
Now taking cover from all the flack that's probably about to fly :)
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:10 am

I put a ?5 bet on last week at 100 -1 for Raikkonen to be World Champion in 2012.
Odds probably no higher than Button was to be 2009 World Champion.
Ben
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:51 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula ... 131089.stm

seems to have been in the wars already....
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JC33supreme » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:32 pm

I agree that the "Caterham" Lotus seemed to embody more of the true spirit of Team Lotus. The ex Renault new Lotus team seems to be a case of Lotus Cars paying a lot of money to stick their name on the side, but I suppose that embodies the new style Lotus Cars who seem to throw lots of (whose?) money around.

Good luck to Raikonen though - always thought he loved the racing, and hated all the PR stuff that went with it, just the type of driver I like.

And good luck to Team Caterham - maybe they'll bring out a new small sports car that is not TOO track oriented, and will still be quicker than all the 6 / 8 / 12 cylinder monsters.
John

If something is worth doing well.................................................... it's well worth undoing
JC33supreme
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:57 am

A "Lotus" went the most trouble free miles?
It must be the secret weight advantage.....added lightness.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2745 ... s-the-way/
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: