Errr...a SPRINT FOR ?2400??

PostPost by: types26/36 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:46 am

Well "Joe" no longer answers my emails so I think he must have sold the car to someone else :roll: ......still it was fun while it lasted :lol:
"Pierre"
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:26 am

types26/36 wrote:Well "Joe" no longer answers my emails so I think he must have sold the car to someone else :roll: ......still it was fun while it lasted :lol:
"Pierre"

I guess when he realised he had become the "phishee" he lost interest!

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 am

types26/36 wrote:.......so I think he must have sold the car to someone else :roll:

He did and I can't believe my luck, it's a really nice car :)

Pictures to follow ..... :wink:
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 am

I don't know where you got that idea from, John, since I am the new owner of this undiscovered mint Sprint!

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

:P

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:15 pm

John, Tim- you got cars too? He REALLY DID have three for sale. I'm well pleased.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:48 pm

elansprint71 wrote:John, Tim- you got cars too? He REALLY DID have three for sale. I'm well pleased.

Well done, Pete. But what scale is it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-S3 ... 4ab1a82792

Richard :wink:
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 pm

I may get one of these mint Sprints as I just come into some money (see email below). To be honest I do not know why I work for a living when there are lots of people out there begging to give me free money? This is one of 5 emails I got today!!! :lol:

If anybody wants free money let me know and I'll send you their email address?

Jason

NTERNATIONAL CREDIT SETTLEMENT DEPT.
PROCUREMENT OF APPROVAL SLIP DEPARTMENT.
OUR REF: INGBANK /IRD/CBX/021/067

Attn: IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OF YOUR INHERITANCE /CONTRACT PAYMENT VIA ATM #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009.

Following the protest of the International Community, The World Bank, IMF and the instruction by the President that all outstanding foreign debts especially next of kin /Inheritance payments should be released to the beneficiaries forthwith unconditionally.

From the records of outstanding Inheritance/ contract payments due for payment with the Government of Turkey , Your name was discovered as one of the foreign beneficiaries on our list that is yet to be paid by the ING BANK. After a meeting with the European Union, in conjunction with the new American President, We have agreed to release all payment to you via our ATM CARD payment unit. Base on the Presidents directives, we have concluded arrangements for the release of your payment.

The payment will be concluded through our card center which will send you an ATM CARD that you will use to

withdraw your US$20,000,000.00 contract/inheritance funds from any ATM MACHINE CENTER in the world with a maximum of $5,000 to $10,000 EUR daily. However, Note that this method of payment will be

granted if it is acceptable by you for the release of your US$20,000,000.00 contract/inheritance entitlement. You are advised to get back to us with your full contact details for the processing and claim of your ATM CARD.

You are required to provide the following informations:

1. Your full name:
2. Direct Phone number.:
3. Address, where you want the ATM Card to be sent:
4. Your age and current occupation:
5. Any form of Identification :

As soon as you are done sending the requested informations, I urge you to call me immediately, So that I can proceed with the processing and delivery of your ATM CARD to your designated address without any further delay.

And the delivery of your ATM CARD can only be done by FEDEX which is 24 hours delivery and it will cost you $300 the ATM CARD to be delivered to your door step.

YOURS SINCERER,
MR. Arezoo Benjamin

+905338708276
DIRECTOR FOREIGN REMITTANCE
ATM CARD SWIFT PAYMENT DEPARTMENT
OF ING BANK OF TURKEY
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:53 pm

ardee_selby wrote:
types26/36 wrote:Well "Joe" no longer answers my emails so I think he must have sold the car to someone else :roll: ......still it was fun while it lasted :lol:
"Pierre"

I guess when he realised he had become the "phishee" he lost interest!

Richard

With any luck s/he has been arrested for fraud.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:55 pm

A mini update - I reported this to the Police without much hope of action being taken. However this afternoon I received a call from the Cardiff control room to say they have been looking into it. The difficulty they have is getting one of the forces to take ownership of the problem as they don't have an address where a crime has taken place!.

South Wales Police are passing it to the Met as they have a London address for the Barclays Bank account - hopefully this will as a minimum get the account closed down. If the scammers cannot find anywhere to bank the money before it get transferred abroad then they will be stuffed.

If I hear anymore I will update you. Interesting to note on the other thread 'Warning Elan Fraud' that the original owner of the car that 'Ray' was scammed on has come forward.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Do you think the bank may be interested that they are being used as part of a scam ???ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: