Errr...a SPRINT FOR ?2400??

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 pm

I?ve realised that I only have ?2,193.69 in my account at present (until I get my next supply of snout from the screws) will you take this amount if so would you kindly send me a revised invoice.

Excitedly.

Stephennee

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 1:46 PM
To: elanfan
Subject: Re: Elan Sprint

I have ended the auction from ebay so nobody else can contact me for this car. The car is yours to buy.
The sale was started... You should have received the sale details by now... Have you received the sale details from ebay regarding the car sale? If so, please proceed on with the payment so we can talk when we'll meet so I can give you your car...
I'll be waiting to hear from you with further news.
Thank you.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Steve,
Well it looks like you are not going to get it :lol: :lol: ....my latest update

===========================================================
Hi Joe, I managed to get away from work early as I am so excited and you are right I?m not too conversant with eBay and don't even own a computer, my friend lets me use his, it was him that spotted your car on Ebay.
We cant find your car now on ebay so could not pay them anyway and hope you have not sold it as I have my heart set on it......PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU HAVE SOLD IT as I consider we have a "Gentleman's agreement"
If someone has offered you your price I am willing to go a little higher providing you give me your word I have first option on the car.
I would like I to collect the car myself and intend to take a couple of days of work so can you give me your address and I will be there on Wednesday evening with cash.....will you take Euro's or should I get GB Pounds?
I will arrange transport at my expense, I have a friend in Hull where I will stay while I arrange everything.
Best regards Pierre von Truss.

==========================================================

No, the car wasn't sold... It's still available for sale. I'm working on an oil rig so pick up is not possible but I can have the car delivered to you by a delivery company for ?300. Please read my previous email and you will see that you'll get a chance to VIEW and TEST the car before any money is given to me... This way everybody is happy: I see that you are a serious buyer with money and you'll test the car before any money is given to me... Please decide quickly if you wish to buy it or not by the specified terms because I do have other people interested in the car. The car is already included in the eBay Purchase Protection Program. In order to go ahead with the sale I need your full name and address for delivery. Once the requested details will be provided, eBay will contact you with ALL the info regarding delivery, payment, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before any other questions. You will find 90% of answers in the info eBay will send you.
Will wait to hear from you.
Thank you,
Joe
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:25 pm

The deception continues.... :lol: :lol:

===========================================================
Hi Joe,

Sorry for replying late, my friends computer was giving problems, he said it would not connect or something.
I am not too good with this internet stuff and I don't understand how ebay can keep the money then pay it out again, how do they know who to pay and when,
my friend says there a lot of problems with ebay.
I would rather do a proper deal with cash and come and pick it up when you are home.
When do you get back from the oil rig?
I have relations in England that I would like to see so its not a problem for me to come there, could one of your family show me the car and accept the payment?
Regards Pierre
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent:
To:
I will be back in about 2 weeks but I need to complete the sale by then because I need the money from this sale as soon as possible because I need to pay my divorce costs. I've explained how I can complete the sale for the car... If you can comply with my selling terms, let me know...
If not, thank you for your interest...
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Is he catching on? You're about to lose him.

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:45 pm

gjz30075 wrote:Is he catching on? You're about to lose him.
Greg Z

Yes, I think you are right :( ....maybe he reads the forum :lol: I'll back off and see if he contacts me.
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Joe,

sorry for the lack of contact today but i have been getting my electronic tag recharged and was unavailable earlier. I do have to say how disappointed I am to have received a telephone call from my friend Pierre (who is in the same car club as I am) who tells me he is buying an Elan Sprint. After some confusion it seems we are both trying to buy the same car. I am a little upset as you said you were offering me the car exclusively.

Perhaps you would be good enough to make up your mind who is having the car (I am still awaiting the revised invoice ? if you remember my account did not quite have enough funds in). If it is to be Pierre then C?est la Vie but I will never buy any onions off him in the future and he will have to find a new source for his Haggis.

S Jock McTavish
Noncewing
Barlinee
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 2:40 PM
To: elanfan
Subject: Re: Elan Sprint

Very funny - snount from screws...
I'm serious - do you want to buy the car or not? Let me know...
Thank you.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 pm

How does he expect to get the money, last time it was a false escrow company, but this time he is saying ebay is the escrow?

What is an eBay invoice? I never heard of that.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:08 am

Hes still on the hook :lol: :lol: :lol:
======================================================

Hello Joe,
I'm a bit confused now as I spoke to another club member and according to him you are selling the car to him, I thought we had an agreement that you would sell me the car.
I still desperately want it and if its a question of money I am prepared to pay up to ?2600 or have you been offered more?
I have spoken to my wife and she has agreed to let me buy it using this eBay way you are talking about, she was worried that it was not a safe way to do it but we have been reading that ebay guarantees the money will be safe and I really do want the car.
I don't think the other guy who wants it has the money anyway where I have the money ready and waiting!
PLEASE let me know if we still have a deal and then I will send the information you want but I now don't know where I stand.
Please get back to me as soon as you can.
Best regards Pierre
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?

Sent: 13 December 2011 10:43:27
To:
The other guy you were talking about couldn't accept my selling terms so the car is still available...
You know my selling terms, if you will accept them, let me know... If not, thank you for your interest...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 am

types26/36 wrote:Hes still on the hook :lol: :lol: :lol:

cax456 ([email protected])

Is "cax" the plural of "cack"?

(Cack (slang) faeces (feces); nonsense or rubbish: "what a load of cack" could equally be used to describe someone talking nonsense or as a criticism of something of poor quality. Also spelt "kak" as used in South Africa. Derived from an ancient Indo-European word, kakkos, cognate with German word Kacke, Welsh word "cach" and the Irish Gaelic word "cac" which means 'shit')

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 pm

ardee_selby wrote:
types26/36 wrote:Hes still on the hook :lol: :lol: :lol:

cax456 ([email protected])

Is "cax" the plural of "cack"?

(Cack (slang) faeces (feces); nonsense or rubbish: "what a load of cack" could equally be used to describe someone talking nonsense or as a criticism of something of poor quality. Also spelt "kak" as used in South Africa. Derived from an ancient Indo-European word, kakkos, cognate with German word Kacke, Welsh word "cach" and the Irish Gaelic word "cac" which means 'shit')

Richard

Keech in Glaswegian.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 pm

elanfan1 wrote:He's now sent me an ebay invoice apparently 'Joe' is Joe Barker yet the recipient account is a D C Tudosa

is this the same account as Johanna Doblehofer??

Bank's Name:
Barclays Bank
Account Number: 63439925
Sort Code: 20-46-57
Beneficiary: D. C. Tudosa
Bank's Address: 403 Holloway Road, Holloway
London N7 6HL
United Kingdom

Invoice #: 238127291985
Price: ?2,400.00
Delivery: ?0.00
Total: ?2,400.00

Now reported to the |Police - even if they arrest no-one hopefully they'll close the account. I'd really like to to take a big stick to these people.

Where on the internet did that invoice come from? If there was a new domain name, maybe deliberately chosen to look like an ebay one, I'd like to try looking up its details to see if it also was 'bought' by that same bloke in italy.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 pm

I did notice that on one of the emails after going into properties and message source that one of the time stamps shows GMT -8.00 which could be something like Pacific Time. Might be a native English speaker as the mails don't have the usual language giveaways but knows nothing of this country or TV shows. Hence no reaction to my address being an infamous prison or my friend Norman Stanley Fletcher.

I think Pierre's wife ebay name should be Joan de Arc!

Oh and Bill - the ebay 'invoice' does look very professional but faked as though it is from ebay (just could not post it here) so beware guys everything is not always as it seems.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 pm

I guess he is just depending on the flannel in his emails, claiming that eBay would hold the money for 3 days, when in fact it is going straight to his bank account.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:53 pm

elanfan1 wrote:I did notice that on one of the emails after going into properties and message source that one of the time stamps shows GMT -8.00 which could be something like Pacific Time. Might be a native English speaker as the mails don't have the usual language giveaways but knows nothing of this country or TV shows. Hence no reaction to my address being an infamous prison or my friend Norman Stanley Fletcher.

I think Pierre's wife ebay name should be Joan de Arc!

Oh and Bill - the ebay 'invoice' does look very professional but faked as though it is from ebay (just could not post it here) so beware guys everything is not always as it seems.

Did the police point you to here (to forward copies onto...)

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/scam-emails

i.e. joined up thinking in action?

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Crikey, they don't seriously expect me to follow all that rigma-roll on those web pages to report every phishing scam email that I get??

I get at least 3 a day, sometimes 20 or 30 and that's only the ones that get though my auto filtering that gets rid of most of them!
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: