Errr...a SPRINT FOR ?2400??

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 am

:roll: Haven't we seen this before??? :roll:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-Drop-hea ... 2a16fa8f77

.....and dont contact the seller through ebay....he has no feed back :roll: :roll:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:18 am

types26/36 wrote::roll: Haven't we seen this before??? :roll:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-Drop-hea ... 2a16fa8f77

.....and dont contact the seller through ebay....he has no feed back :roll: :roll:

Roll up, roll up, get yer lucky Barnum Sprint Special 'ere... :roll:

Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 am

How about we all email him saying we definitely want to buy it and can he send us more photos/details. Make the scamming b'stard do a bit of work.

For info the car sold successfully to a chap down south who intends to reshell it and add to his collection of other Lotus.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:13 am

elanfan1 wrote:How about we all email him

...and why not contact ebay to "Report the Listing" ?

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:15 am

Yes but why not waste a bit of his time and make his effort not worthwhile as it may just discourage him from doing it again though I doubt it.

He's going to cancel the bids - what a shame I'm winning at the moment!
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:18 am

elanfan1 wrote:How about we all email him saying we definitely want to buy it and can he send us more photos/details. Make the scamming b'stard do a bit of work..

Done using a "spare" email :lol:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:22 am

Brian stick another ?1 on it so I can outbid you!

steve
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:29 am

elanfan1 wrote:Brian stick another ?1 on it so I can outbid you!

steve

Steve, I don't want him to get my EBay ID.....just a bit paranoid, anyway I?m going for the ?buy now? :lol:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:54 am

me too!

Ebay listing now removed but I've had this reply from him:

Hi Joe,

I?m hoping I am in the driving seat for this sale ? I can complete today. I was a little worried when I realised how far I might have to travel to Lutterworth but Glasgow (Och Aye!) is practically on my doorstep. I can get a trailer and cash ready this afternoon if any good to you.

One slight worry I have is you hear so much about being conned on the internet and I?m sure neither of us want that. Is there any way i could have a photo of you with todays newspaper or some other object we can agree on so I don?t waste your time?

Steve

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 11:39 AM
To: elanfan
Subject: Re: Elan Sprint

Steve,
Yes, the car is still available for sale. This 1971 Lotus Elan Sprint is in excellent condition with no issues. I'm asking ?2400 for a fast sale. The car is currently located in Glasgow because I just finished the divorce with my wife and I have moved here. I will sell the car only using eBay's services, this way you'll get 3 days to inspect the car before paying me and I'll be sure that I have a genuine buyer that isn't going to mess me around. Where are you located? Please email me as soon as you see this message because I have few other people interested in this car.

Thank you,
Joe
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 pm

elanfan1 wrote: Ebay listing now removed ...

Dammit! I wanted to know if...

"DSGHFASDRHeafsigheIWRQUIEWUASIDHAEIHSgiTHISDHAFIFAfjhaboytruppinglikethatasgHESGDRETGSRESGrhgeaeywes"

...was the body, frame or other number! :wink:

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:31 pm

It was... but only in crayon.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Latest corresp:

Hi Joe,

thanks for getting back to me, my details are:

Stephene Jock McTavish No. 36/4554
Barlinne HMP
81 Lee Avenue
Glasgow
G33 2QX

I'm really keen to get moving on this and take delivery of my dream car - it sure looks great in the photos - that spoiler on the back must add another 50kg of downforce - fantastic. I've just had a thought - my uncle runs the helicoper transfers to the rigs - I'm sure I can get one of the Baristas to bring the money directly to you. Which rig are you on?

S J McTavish

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 12:24 PM

Steve,
I'm working on an oil rig so pick up is not possible but I can have the car delivered to you by a delivery company for ?150. Since I presume you aren't familiar with eBay's Purchase Program, I have briefly described the transaction's steps below:

1. Buyer, Seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
2. Buyer sends the money to eBay and they inform the seller that the payment was received.
3. Seller delivers the vehicle.
4. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
5. eBay releases the money to seller.

As you can see, you'll receive the car BEFORE any money is released to me. You'll get the chance to inspect it, test it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm with eBay that you'll agree to keep the car, they'll release the money to me.

If for some reason, you won't keep the car (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my car is in IMMACULATE condition inside and out) I will take it back on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.

From the moment you receive the car you have 3 days to inspect it. If it's not like I said or something is not ok with it you can reject it and eBay will fully refund you and the car will be delivered back to me on my expense.

The car will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from eBay.

In order to go ahead with the sale I need your full name and address for delivery.

Thank you,
Joe
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Steve,
I think we are both going to buy this car :lol: :lol:
Below is a transcript of my contact with Joe.
I will only reply to his last mail later.......lets keep him hanging on a while :lol: :lol:

=========================================================================
Hi,
I am very interested in buying this car and would like to see a few more pictures and know some of its history, could you email some more pictures to me and a brief history, I am in France so would you accept a bank transfer? if you could arrange shipping I would pay all the costs up front if you can supply me with bank details I will make a transfer.
Looking forward to getting this car as I am rebuilding a Sprint and need lots of spares.
Best Regards Pierre.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pierre,
This 1971 Lotus Elan Sprint is in excellent condition with no issues. I'm asking ?2400 for a fast sale. The car is currently located in Glasgow because I just finished the divorce with my wife and I have moved here. I will sell the car only using eBay's services, this way you'll get 3 days to inspect the car before paying me and I'll be sure that I have a genuine buyer that isn't going to mess me around. Where are you located? Please email me as soon as you see this message because I have few other people interested in this car.

Thank you,
Joe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI Joe, thanks for quick response, I am in Guemps which is near Calais so it would be easy to ship from the U.K.

Going through EBay is fine as it gives me more confidence and protection, I really would like some more pictures of the car partically the engine and under the car of the chassis
as this is one thing I need badly.
Is there any spares that are available even if I have to buy them extra, it is a bit of a pain to keep bringing them in from England.
This is one reason why the chassis must be in good condition, I see the wheel arches have been flared, is that so the wheels do not catch, has the car been raced? is there any history of races?
Thanks again,
Pierre.
I have to go to work now and can only get back on the computer again this afternoon.
Please send pictures asap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pierre,
I've sent you another email with the car's description and pictures so you can see better what you are buying - please look for my email in all of your email folders including the Junk folder of your email - hope you will find my email. I can have the car delivered to you in France by a delivery company for ?300. No other spares available - sorry... The car was never raced. Since I presume you aren't familiar with eBay's Purchase Program, I have briefly described the transaction's steps below:

1. Buyer, Seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
2. Buyer sends the money to eBay and they inform the seller that the payment was received.
3. Seller delivers the vehicle.
4. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
5. eBay releases the money to seller.

As you can see, you'll receive the car BEFORE any money is released to me. You'll get the chance to inspect it, test it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm with eBay that you'll agree to keep the car, they'll release the money to me.

If for some reason, you won't keep the car (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my car is in good condition inside and out) I will take it back on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.

From the moment you receive the car you have 3 days to inspect it. If it's not like I said or something is not ok with it you can reject it and eBay will fully refund you and the car will be delivered back to me on my expense.

The car will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from eBay.

In order to go ahead with the sale I need your full name and address for delivery.

Thank you,
Joe
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Geroff Brian, I had it first!

The latest:

Joe,

Nothing from ebay in fact the listing seems to have disappeared ? please tell me you haven?t sold it. I have my uncle waiting at the Heliport waiting for details of which rig to drop the money off at (he is dropping supplies of tea, cream and scones for 4 o?clock tiffin at most of them today).

I do not want to lose this sale I think i was in early so I want you to tell the others to ?Chatterley along? as i was first.
Will it be possible for you drop the car at my small room in Barlinee HMP? My friends Norman, Stanley and Fletcher can?t wait to see it though there is a risk that Grouty might take a shine to it then I?m in Porridge.

Stehene Jock
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 1:15 PM

Thank you. You should have the sale details (payment invoice + purchase protection email) from eBay in the next hours. Drop me an email when you have news from eBay and also please deposit the payment today because I do have other people interested to buy this car so please don't mess me around. I hope you're serious and you will confirm the payment today otherwise I will cancel the transaction with you and accept the payment from the next buyer. Thank you for understanding.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:19 pm

He's now sent me an ebay invoice apparently 'Joe' is Joe Barker yet the recipient account is a D C Tudosa

is this the same account as Johanna Doblehofer??

Bank's Name:
Barclays Bank
Account Number: 63439925
Sort Code: 20-46-57
Beneficiary: D. C. Tudosa
Bank's Address: 403 Holloway Road, Holloway
London N7 6HL
United Kingdom

Invoice #: 238127291985
Price: ?2,400.00
Delivery: ?0.00
Total: ?2,400.00

Now reported to the |Police - even if they arrest no-one hopefully they'll close the account. I'd really like to to take a big stick to these people.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: