Le Mans classic 2012.

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 am

jimj wrote:I`m so pleased.
Second question: what are they?
Jim

I thought you would never ask! :wink:

Speaking from a CLOG perspective; 12/13 of us are camping on the Carting Nord "site" inside the circuit; I have booked all the tickets including places for the cars in the Clubs enclosure, the paddock tickets and grandstands. From what I can make out not only is the Clubs parking now full, there is a defined list of eligible cars and registration numbers will be on each ticket.
I've been in communication with Club Lotus France and ought to be following up to confirm arrangements.
I think that some of our "country members" are staying in rather more splendid accommodation and we will meet up at some point in the event.

I don't know what Club Lotus' arrangements are, at the moment.

In view of the amount of aggravation I had this time with the "camp-site" booking with the ACO, I'll not be bothering to do this as an indie tour operator next time and an arrangement will be made via one of the commercial outfits.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 pm

I had so much fun at the 2010 event, I can't wait for this year's. Hopefully this time in the Elan!
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: andyhodg » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm all booked and I'm travelling down with others (a Lotus Excel, a TVR and a replica SS100 as well as my +2) on the Thursday. We are camping at La Fleche (about 20 km south of Le Mans). The campsite is close to the town and has good (and Clean!) facilities and is with an easy stroll of some pleasant Resturants and bars which keeps our ladies happy.

Hopefully I'll see some of you there.

Regards

Andy
andyhodg
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:40 pm

andyhodg wrote:.........The campsite is close to the town and has good (and Clean!) facilities and is with an easy stroll of some pleasant Resturants and bars which keeps our ladies happy.

Hopefully I'll see some of you there.

Regards

Andy

Facilities? We dream of facilities. :roll:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 pm

CL France have issued an invitation to all Lotus visitors- see last post on page 4 of this thread:

http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/elan-photos-f18/mans-classic-2010-photo-thread-t20883-45.html
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 pm

:D

elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Well I've gone and done it. I have mooched a ride with my friend Geoff Cole and lodging from Liz and Brian Green to attend Le Mans Classic in July.

My hope is that I can meet anyone from this forum who is at the event and put a face to a name on the board. Fortunately for all of you, my screen name and my real name are the same so I should be easy to find and to make it even easier, I plan to wear my Yellow LOG 27 ball cap at least the first day.

I will look for you all as well and I know some who will be there know Brian and Geoff so if you see them, please find me as I would very much enjoy getting to meet you personally.

I will also be going to the Festival of Speed and will post that appropriately so as not to incur the wrath of those who monitor thread hijacking!
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Excellent Ross! Pics are expected here, of course. Pics of members so we can put names to faces.

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Thu May 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Just a short message :
As I wrote previously on Pete's LMC 2010 image post, there' ll be a meeting specially organised for every Elan owner (type 26,36,45 & 50, Shapecraft or Spacecraft(!)), but now on saturday the 7th , at 12.00 on the Club Lotus France area (#12 on map)...

Please, come with your car, and get something to remember!
Cheers,
Christian. :mrgreen:

Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Please, to all of those who planned to visit us on LMC 2012 with their Elan:
The rendez-vous for the Lotus Elan owner meeting change from friday 18h00 to Saturday 7th, 12h00.
Our Club has been selected for a VIP lap session on friday evening, It was difficult to keep the previous time. Anyway, it should be the best to get the maximum of Elan's... Hope so.
See you on saturday,
I edited my upper post, changing the date/time, the location stay the same...
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rmd24 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:20 pm

I have recently received my tickets from CLF and according to them my VIP laps are on Saturday 0945. Are there two sessions for CLF?

Roger
rmd24
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Christian, please confirm the CLF lap times, I've got my Presse Accreditation thro' and I would like to photograph all the Elans on track.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi,
To Roger,
On the friday VIP lap session, only the first 80 lucky CLF members ll drive a VIP from the Peter Auto organisation in its Lotus for 1or2 laps ...
With your saturday morning lap session ticket, you choose to have a passager or not, and you pay for that!

To Peter,
About the CLF lap session, it ll be on friday, we have been asked to be near our cars around 19h00...
I have no more precisions.

Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:23 am

Great Show and lots of Elans!
(mine unfortunately is in 1,000,000 pieces in the loft .....cellar .....garage ......etc etc)

Next time perhaps a local chateau instead of camping!
Attachments
P7070115.JPG and
P7070114.JPG and
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi,
Thanks to all of them that came across ...
Arrived on friday afternoon, we were lucky enough to install the tent on dry condition, then, have a drying track for my run with "OEW", so...
I and "OEW" made it and went back home safe despite some sparks problems... but after the laps session!
My first picture:
Hope you enjoy the show and the meeting on saturday ...
Christian.:mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: