Donnington Historic Festival April 30th -1st May 2011

PostPost by: nico506 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi All,
Anyone going to the above as it seems like a good way of dusting the lotus cars down and having a good blast in the Countryside, and wonder if we could me up in a dedicated area and catch up etc

I live in Leicestershire not far from the Track so could rendevous at our place and drive up en masse!!!

Be good to have a Spring gathering.

Thanks for looking and look forward to hearing from all

Cheers

Nico
Lotus Elan S3 1968 DHC - finally sorted after 10 years.................
nico506
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Judging by reports from the event yesterday you would be best to arrive in a Uni-Mog, take your own toilet paper and beverages. The paying "crowd" was definitely mumbling.

The bikers are in town next and might not be as meek and mild as the old car folks were yesterday.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: sparkey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:24 pm

I did a track day there last Friday and the spectator areas were definately still a building site and there were no grandstands except for the one at the start of the pits and the little donington club one after Redgate, but overall the place was in a better state than I thought it would be. The track's changed a bit at the chicane before the start/finish straight (Fogarty esses?) which has moved back a hundred metres or so and is much quicker and safer than it was.

Unfortunately in a moment of over excitment I had an unplanned excursion into the gravel after Redgate which doesn't do Lotus paintwork any good !

I plan to go to the historic Festival for at least 1 day so I'd be up for a rendezvous etc.

Steve..
sparkey
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: