http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msvvpuc4D4s
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 am

Excellent Jim,

We've static images aplenty, but not much by way of sight & sounds...and what a nice sound that is...

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 am

ardee_selby wrote:Excellent Jim,

We've static images aplenty, but not much by way of sight & sounds...and what a nice sound that is...

Cheers - Richard

Thanks RD! And that was with the Webers I rebuilt (first time ever) and set up from scratch without tuning. Better response than I deserve, I think, and only to get better from here.

I'm almost sad that I'll be putting her back in storage in a week, and leaving to go fly fishing for 12 weeks. But life and circumstances have overtaken me, and my trip is an effort to put my life back together. Circumstances will look out for themselves, as they always do!

Edit: BTW here's the link to a higher resolution version that Se?or Seis just sent me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7tjotABuOc
Last edited by summerinmaine on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:10 am

Also BTW I wonder how many will notice the Miata cap that I wear when driving. Sort of a private in joke that apparently only I understand (or, more likely, that only I find humorous :lol: ).
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Nice, Jim. I did notice the Miata cap and I find it humorous, along the same lines of me putting a Lotus license plate frame on a Miata I once owned.

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:07 am

Sweeeeeet..................twelve weeks of fly fishing. Not much better than pan fried rainbows and eggs in the morning................
Have a nice trip.

Oh' forgot, your car is nice too.

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:43 am

gjz30075 wrote:Nice, Jim. I did notice the Miata cap and I find it humorous, along the same lines of me putting a Lotus license plate frame on a Miata I once owned.

Greg Z

Thanks Greg. Did you also notice the vanity plate? A bit more subtle, but in the very same vein!
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 am

cal44 wrote:Sweeeeeet..................twelve weeks of fly fishing. Not much better than pan fried rainbows and eggs in the morning................
Have a nice trip.

Oh' forgot, your car is nice too.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I'm carrying a fry pan with me, so I plan to have the trout spend less that 15 minutes between the stream and my stomach. I've been a C&R fisherman since forever, so I think I deserve a few goodies.

Ironically, the place my daughter has found for me to house sit up in Humboldt has a gorgeous view, plenty of room, and my only responsibility will be to tend four laying hens for a month! I cook a lot, and just made a marvelous pizza rustica. YUM!!!!
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: