Elan in the forest

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Will you cease to exist if privatisation goes through?
Maybe you will become "Elan in the private sector" or "Elan in my part of the forest"?
:roll: :wink: :lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Does he have a FSC certificate to go with it?
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:15 pm

John

Surely Mark will go underground? :lol:

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:17 pm

Jens wrote:Does he have a FSC certificate to go with it?

You've lost me already FSC?

(Oh & not to mention your remark about Zetecs/Miatas; about which, I will hold a grudge :lol:)
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:19 pm

FSC is really a must nowadays. Otherwise all the environmentalists will hunt you down.

As for the Miata's, well... Hmmm....

This really is one of it's own kind.

J, who seldomly bares grudge against anyone but does shake his head in awe sometimes.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:24 pm

trw99 wrote:John

Surely Mark will go underground? :lol:

Tim

Should be easy enough, our long lost Miners prepared the (under)ground well for that.
It maybe tactically good, picking off the Whitehall "suits" from underground, Vietnam relived in Gloucestershire :lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:35 pm

Jens wrote:FSC is really a must nowadays. Otherwise all the environmentalists will hunt you down.

As for the Miata's, well... Hmmm....

This really is one of it's own kind.

J, who seldomly bares grudge against anyone but does shake his head in awe sometimes.

That, my man, is a blatant hijack of this serious & soul searching thread :lol:
But my! that thing looks nearly as crappy as the BMW Z3 Coupe :wink:
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Then I will most willingly give this thread back to it's rightfull owner, immediately...

The answer to all your searchings is as simple as the question is difficult ans most of the time forgotten.

Jens

P.S.
I still think that the Miata dressed up as a transvestite version of the Wiesmann must be the ugliest Miata ever.

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:02 pm

I don't think that a sneak of old Etonians is going to achieve what the Spanish Armada failed to do. Many of Elizabeth I's ships were made of oak from the forest, and it was a prime target for them to burn down. They hadn't really understood just how damp England is in autumn!

There is a labyrinth of old caves and mines around here, some dating back to pre-Roman times, so a guerrilla style defence strategy is quite plausible. There are many wild boars running free now, and they are huge and aggressive beasts....and are being trained for defensive purposes.

If it all goes horribly wrong, we can feast on oak-smoked pork for quite a long time.
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:11 pm

"There are many wild boars running free now, and they are huge and aggressive beasts....and are being trained for defensive purposes".

Is that maybe a synonym for people with placards? :lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:30 pm

D.J.Pelly wrote:
(Oh & not to mention your remark about Zetecs/Miatas; about which, I will hold a grudge :lol:)

An old friend of mine said to me once that the thing with grudges is you can't really do anything with them other than to hold them!
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:33 pm

terryp wrote:
D.J.Pelly wrote:

An old friend of mine said to me once that the thing with grudges is you can't really do anything with them other than to hold them!

And quite rightly so!
I'm too old to hold grudges; I've tried but I keep forgetting :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS the smileys in my posts do play a role :wink:
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 pm

D.J.Pelly wrote:
terryp wrote:
D.J.Pelly wrote:

And quite rightly so!
I'm too old to hold grudges; I've tried but I keep forgetting :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS the smileys in my posts do play a role :wink:

I hold loads , but the reason for most is becoming a bit of a blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wink:
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:26 pm

*OFFTOPIC*

Terry, does the bottom left corner come as part of the package when you rent a cottage in France? In that case......

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

No, but you can look through a small window of a garage at it, and probably smell the petrol escaping from the breather, but I am working on that!

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: