DJ's 10 page spread

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Well I couldn?t believe my eyes. I got the latest Issue of the Club Elite newsletter that is put out quarterly by Greg Paris. Issue number 24, the annual edition. There it was on page 23 to page 33 our own Derek John Pelly had penned himself a great article on his early prototype Elite number 1017 better known as VJB 917. Here I was believing that John couldn't write more then 2 sentences without hitting the submit key. Anyway John thanks for the great article and keep up the magnificent work.

Gary

Oh Yea, Ross Robbins Elite is the featured photo of the issue and don't forget to look at page 54 for a great looking pusher...some one know how to sell an Elite.
Attachments
VJB 917 elite donington 2001.jpg and
This is the photo I took at donington in 2001. the car looks great...
Last edited by garyeanderson on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am

I like the story of the handbrake cable looping around and hooking up with the foot brake pedal to seemingly make the handbrake work!

I figured that as you've started this thread, Gary, we can indulge in a bit more Elite stuff with a couple of before and after pictures of John's Elite......but which is which?

Mark
Attachments
Original 1.jpg and
Restored 1.JPG and
Original 2.jpg and
Restored 2.JPG and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 pm

don't forget to look at page 54 for a great looking pusher...some one know how to sell an Elite.

Gary,
Even though the car is pretty if I remember correctly, I don't really recall it as I was thinking as I looked at the lovely young thing, "Who would spend that kind of money for a car that won't run and needs to be pushed? And, where am I going to find someone to push that looks like that? Maybe, I should forget the car and make an offer on the pusher? :oops: :twisted: :twisted:
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Gents,

At least speaking for me if I were 30 years younger, that pusher could push my car anytime. I might even need to find a switch to make it break on demand. I hope it does help the car sell.

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:20 am

For the benefit of those of us who are not members of the Elite:

- is someone going to post a photo of the pusher;
- can you also get them for the Elan

?

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 am

She's just the average type of Elite driver, Paddy....why do you think I joined??!
Attachments
Pusher.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks Mark.

The bodywork looks to be in good nick - I wonder if it's original?

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: