Coast to Coast in a LOTUS

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Well it wouldn't let me load a photo because it was too big so I found this one of Clive Chapman driveing the Elan at Gateway Park in St. Louis at LOG 25.
Attachments
Clive to the Pits.jpg and
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:35 am

1. Which car should I take? I have a 1968 Seven S3 that has no top so I would be at the mercy of the elements yet has an easier lope at 65 miles per hour than my 1965 Elan S2 that has more storage, better weather gear and more comfort.
2. How can I get some help to get whichever car to the start point, or at least near it?
3. Who is along the route that would like to meet, greet or eat as I come by your home town?
4. Does anyone want to join me for a portion or all of the journey?
Thoughts? Comments?[/quote]

Well guess what? I got answers to 1, 3 and 4. :shock: The key piece is that the answer to which car to take and does anyone want to join me were answered by two of my Lotus friends from England, members of NYLOC The North Yorkshire Lotus Owners Club who (thanks to Doug Weall) saw this post and are flying to Denver to join me all the way to Gettysburg so we will be taking BOTH the Seven and the Elan. And we will be stopping to connect with some of you in San Francisco, St. Louis, and Cincinnati OH. 8)

I'll keep you posted as we get closer to take off. :D :D :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: collins_dan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Rob, I'm in Baltimore and happy to provide support when you are making the turnaround in MD and PA. Will also be at LOG in Gettysburg. Dan
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:29 am

Dan,
PM sent.
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: