Driving in the Early '60s

PostPost by: robertverhey » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:38 am

robertverhey
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm a rhetorical 40......wasn't even born when that was made and some people call me an old fart!
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:59 am

richgilb wrote:I'm a rhetorical 40......wasn't even born when that was made and some people call me an old fart!

Well you missed the good times by a long way; kids behaved themselves (mostly) & being a teenager then was great if you kept clear of the Mods & Rocker clashes (no Guns or Knives though).
There were no Disco's but live bands.
Good times.
Perhaps people would stop calling you that if you stopped driving that funny little old car of yours :lol:

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Indeed it must have been better. I had miners' strikes, IRA bombings, cosmetics on men and the Human League as my reference points.
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Getting back to places without speed restrictions, I think that maybe the "Isle of Man" is a possibility or is it just seasonal?
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 am

D.J.Pelly wrote:Getting back to places without speed restrictions, I think that maybe the "Isle of Man" is a possibility or is it just seasonal?

Apparently it's just as the UK was prior to 1965:

http://www.iomguide.com/drivingontheisleofman.php

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:42 am

paddy wrote:
D.J.Pelly wrote:Getting back to places without speed restrictions, I think that maybe the "Isle of Man" is a possibility or is it just seasonal?

Apparently it's just as the UK was prior to 1965:

http://www.iomguide.com/drivingontheisleofman.php

Paddy

Thanks Paddy!
That & lower Taxes sounds good. No doubt the Weather there is totally miserable :roll:
Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:06 am

Three places so far with no speed limits in the early 2000's, thanks Paddy and John for the Isle info.
What about Nevada?
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: