LotusElan.net in the Alps 2010

PostPost by: Vanden Perre » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:56 am

Hello,

I have read several topics about touring the Alps (or elsewhere) with our Elans. But so far nothing definite. This is why I plan to organize a trip from Brussels to the Alps and I am looking for 2 to 6 other Elan owners who wants to joint me.

Some details:
Time period: 1st half of June 2010
Itinerary: start in Brussels (or somewhere in the suburbs), drive through GD of Luxemburg, Germany, Switzerland and back through France. Arrival in Brussels. 2500 to 3000 km. Motorway only if there is no other road.
Duration: around 10 to 12 days with 1 or 2 days without driving.
Stay: in hotels (confortable but no 5 stars)
Philosophy: enjoy our Elan but also the nature and the towns we cross.
Budget: around 3000 ? (based on two in one car)

I am willing to organize the trip for the group.

I will:
1.write a ??project charter?? to make sure that you agree with my proposal right from the begining.
2.choose the itinerary.
3.choose the hotels.
4.write and print a roadbook.
5.maybe organise a meeting in March or April 2010 with the candidates in order to get to know each other. At the Lotus Show in Donington or elsewhere.
I will not:
1.make money. Neither do I want to loose some.Therefore I will not pay in advance for others (for hotel bookings....)
2.organize a breakdown recovery
3.be responsible for bad weather and other troubles :-)

I am open to discuss with candidates who have some requirements/ideas but I want to stick on the baseline I have described above.

Anyone interested?

Olivier.
Vanden Perre
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Vanden Perre » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Hello,

Not a lot of interest up to now :(
I will post a project of itinerary in one or two weeks. I hope this will attract your attention.

Olivier.
Vanden Perre
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Hello Oliver,

I tried this also and did not get much interest. One or two looked up for a trip and I decided to wait until after Xmas to suggest again. There was no rush as hotels etc are easy to book. Last trip I did I took 16 people (8 Pan euro motorcycles) to Austria (Vienna) via.. Rudesheim am Rhine. ..Fussen.. Zugspize..Garmish..Berchtesgaden..Austrian lakes.. Vienna...Oversalsberg...Hitlers Eagle's nest.. Zell am zee ... Grossglockner..Krimmle falls...Innsbruk. Then the train back to N Germany and ferry back to UK...

I have been looking now at a trip doing two 'events'. 1 in south England namely Goodwood festival of speed. The second was over to France for the Le Mans classic 24hrs race. The 'plan' was to do both events and some touring of places of interest on the way there and back.

I decided against an Alpine trip as I have now been Alpine touring (or similar) by Motorcycle or car (BMW Z4) a few years on the trot. And I fancied these two events as a bit of a change.

The stage I am at .... I am gathering info just now. Tickets for the events are as yet not on sale. I was doing the hotel/route/ferry etc but as you said not paying anything for individuals. I will give the info and they can book them selfves the ferry / hotel etc. Its early days yet. 1st thing I am going to do is check all availability then Book the Ferry/tunnel...event tickets...and hotel. I then use Mapsource GPS software to plan route. Then organize hotel nights along the route. I will be doing this anyway so I will book what I need / want and post up the details and anyone wishing to join in just books the trip themselves.

We can but try....

Alex B.... 8)
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Vanden Perre » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:24 am

Hello,
As announced last week-end you will find in attachment a first provisional version of the itinerary. Hyperlink will show you places of interest where we will stop and hotels I have selected so far.
To summarize it:
11 days (9 on the road, 2 walking in the beautiful mountains of the Valais in Switzerland). Could be modified to 12 days as I believe some days on the road are rather long.
Only 55 km on the motorway (day 2, in Germany)
2600 km approx. (TBC)
Start and finish in Waterloo (20 km south of Brussels)
Anyone interested???
Olivier.
Attachments
Touring the Alps 1.A.xls
(28 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Vanden Perre
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: