My Response

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: .... Nah.nothing that interesting... She is photo editor for Omnibus press, London. Its all about books on pop groups/Pop people etc.

Amazing contacts. Got to meet loads of 'stars' at Eric Clapton concert in Hyde park last year. She can come in handy..

I took her up to the same T in the park on the Sunday on the back of One of my Lambretta's. The Li ser 2. Same again. This time some geezer wanted to buy the scoot off me there n then! Told me to name my price. I was friggin tempted I can tell you. Still got his number. Turned out to be a lackie for some star or other and he was looking for one.

I'v still got it.

Hey Ho ...

AB
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: freddy22112211 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 am

Even the people manning the toll stations on the italian autostradas used to mistake the elan for a 850 Fiat Spyder - after paying the much lower toll, it was always good to drop the clutch at high revs and take off in a cloud of dust.
Gordon
freddy22112211
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:40 am

I think the new Barchetta is quite a nice modern treatment of the same idea. I saw one in the half-light the other day and nearly mistook it for an Elan to begin with.

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 am

I just love Italian cars had a 1967 Fiat 1500 cabriolet a 850 spyder 4 fiat 124 spyders and and a long body alpha ---lusted after Lancias AND Bizzarrinis and especially the Abarth 1000 milimilia slick little coups --they were reliable luxurious and comfortable even in minus 35 f below 0 -a set of webers made them sparkle but they had no self respect in 3 years they rusted out with the 10 tons of salt pounded on Ontario roads every snow storm all winter - even with under coat --I traded my 124 for an MGB for a day with a friend and found it lacking in handling and comfort and performance compared to the 124 twincam --I found English cars when I bought the 7 in 1984 during my racing days as I developed a purist and minimalist approach to cars -basic to say the least -I still have it and its still basic but fun in a primitive sort of way the Elan 26R [ had to slip that in] has more panache and the Europa is a formula vee or ford for the street -and the Bug Eye is just like owning a loving homely puppy - :) -and the Italian car owners were not as anal retentive as Lotus owners appear to be ----ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: