Pool Wreckers Inc. (totally off topic)

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun May 03, 2009 2:20 am

I was making coffee this morning and looked out the window to see my friends Komatsu pc2l0 lc Excavator flying by at about 45 mph. I remembered that My other friend and sometimes employer had a leak in his pool and it needed fixing. so... being the bright boy that I am put 2 and 2 together and headed over for the pool wrecking party.

The show is about to start.

Follow me, the leak is over here.

The Pool inspector has arrived to check on the leak.

My friend Doug was worried about the Deep end floating out of the ground so the first task was to let the water out.

Well it let the water in so I guess it will let it out too.

First blood.

More of the same.

Hanging around the deep end.

Pools looking empty.

My friend found this nice 4 foot diameter wrecking rock right next to the first wall pulled in, it was quite effective at breaking the bottom of the pool at the shallow end when dropped for 16 to 20 feet up. The bottom was about 10 inches of unreinforsed gunnite. The rock worked well until it broke in two.

The easy corner in the shallow end pulled over, the corner with the stairs was a bit more difficult.

Filling up slowly.

My friend is about to go in the pool, about 10 minutes after I took this photo there was enough gravel from the shallow end to make a roadway into the pool. from there the rest of the pool walls were pulled in. When I got home about 6 hours had elapsed and the pool was in need of 2 or 3 10 wheelers of fill.

In six weeks, you will never know there was a pool.

The leak was fixed completely, 100% Guaranteed...
Last edited by garyeanderson on Sun May 03, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Gary, is this going to turn into one of those "another one bites the dust" threads! :roll: :roll: :lol:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun May 03, 2009 5:12 pm

I don't know what it will turn into. I think some of you enjoy the photos and commentary, for others I am wasting their time. This forum is for sharing knowledge and ideas and experiences that we have had, Lotus and otherwise. If you learn something from me, get a laugh with me or at me, all is O.K. with me, that?s what I think is the best about this forum.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Gary, I do enjoy your pics and experiences so,,,thanks. But the big question: did you drive your Elan to the pool wrecking party? :)

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun May 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi Greg

No, the Elan was home in the garage. We took Beau's doghouse (the white 97 F250 diesel pickup). The last time out in the Elan, Beau and I went to look at the red S2 SE (26/5447) that was on ebay and ended last Sunday. Beau and Rob's Dog got to play with Rob's wife tossing the slime ball around and we looked over the Elan.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon May 04, 2009 2:13 pm

I would bet this day will be spoken of with awe in the coffee shops of Scituate for a long time --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: