Elise Trophy Races Cancelled at the Donington Show.

PostPost by: atthelimit » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:36 am

Elise Trophy at Donington Park - cancelled! :cry:

First off I would like to make clear that the Lotus Show at Donington Park on the 18th & 19th April is not affected by the following and will continue as planned. :D

The Elise Trophy rounds at Donington Park on 18th/19th April have been cancelled by the event organisers MSVR.

Statement from MotorSport Vision Racing:-

MotorSport Vision Racing (MSVR), the racing division of MSV, has been forced to cancel its scheduled race event at Donington Park on 18/19 April as the circuit does not possess a valid, full track licence.

Don't blame MSVR, I think they have done the right thing. The MSA have concerns over the current safety of the track at the moment and have not issues a full track license. Last weeks HSCC meeting was held but with no overtaking allowed for a largish section of the track between McLeans and Coppice and was sited as a reason for some nasty accidents as cars backed up to each other as a result.

It is unfair to competitors for them to pay entry fees, prepare cars and travel long distances if the track is not safe or if racing is restricted as per the last meeting.

I just thought some of you might like to know if you were planning to visit the show and watch the Loti racing over the weekend. This is not just confined to the Lotus series and the following week another class within a race meeting has pulled out and another complete event is already cancelled for the same reasons, if you are planning to watch racing in the near future I would suggest you check whats actually on the programme before you set out.

It doesn't bode well for the GP does it? I hope they manage to pull things together a bit better, I am sure with all the development work going on they could use the revenue from current race meetings! I'm sure Bernie will be rubbing his hands if they don't make the deadlines and has already got countries in the pipe line just waiting to jump in.

Welcome to the Ryukyu Islands grand prix :!:
atthelimit
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: niallf » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Donington racing now moved to Silverstone WITH FREE ENTRY

http://www.lotus-central.com/index.php/en/news/192-etsilverstone190409.html

So my plan is up early on Sunday, morning perusal at Donington and then lunchtime drive to Silverstone for an Afternoon's Lotus racing.

Sounds like a great day to me !

Niall
niallf
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: