British Invasion, Stowe, Vermont - Sept. '09

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Lotus is one of two featured marques at the British Invasion car show in Stowe, Vermont, in the northeastern US. The dates are Sept. 18-20. Information and registration forms are here.

I attended this show for the first time last year, when the featured marques were Jaguar and Morgan. I have never seen so many beautiful and beautifully-prepared cars in one place. Last year's Lotus turnout was very small, about eight cars. This year should be better. Stowe has many restaurants and lodgings of all kinds, and the location in the Green Mountains is glorious.
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
I love the sound of a torque wrench in the morning. Sounds like... progress.
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Popping this up, since the event is only two months off and registration is in full swing.
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Three months ago I tried to book a 2 week holiday in the Mass/Vermont area to include this event, but everywhere I tried in my holiday club was fully booked. I was all for going on-spec for B&B/motels, but the wife won't stand for that these days. It's not like the 'old days' of 30 years ago when we travelled across the US on a few occasions without any firm bookings.

I'm sure someone will publish all the pictures just to make me jealous.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:44 am

bcmc33 wrote:I'm sure someone will publish all the pictures just to make me jealous.

Here they are - not all the cars there (700 or so?) and not even all the Lotuses (perhaps 20) - I concentrated on Elans and Sevens. The weather was perfect both days, although I drove through some rain on the way up Friday (tried keeping the hood down - worked until there was more rain inside the screen than out...) The secondary roads in Vermont are conducive to spirited driving and I enjoyed them, even in the rain.
Attachments
BI09_red_s2.JPG and
Beautiful S2. This is what my car should look like.
BI09_red_elans.JPG and
Two red Elans. Counting my car, there were four red Elans along with two red +2s. I think I'll put my car back to BRG next time.
BI09_green_elan.JPG and
Very nice DHC. This car was the best Lotus last year, second this year (lost out to a Europa TC).
BI09_green_elan_dash.JPG and
Beautifully finished interior, even if the steering wheel is wrong.
BI09_7_S2.JPG and
Beautiful S2, my choice for best Lotus 7 - and it won! This week at the show, next week on the track for the vintage races - as it should be.
BI09_7s.JPG and
I'd love a 7 S2, but I don't think I'd fit.
BI09_7_nox.JPG and
My vote for the fastest ride to the top of Smuggler's Notch of all cars at the show - big Lotus motor and nitrous.
BI09_11_and_69.JPG and
Classic race cars, old and new - Lotus 11 and 69.
BI09_catch_bottle.JPG and
Most unusual use of a household item?
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: