Atlas F1 Bulletin Board and lotus history discussion

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Some Lotus history being discussed else where, the thread starts more than a year back in April 2007 and continues till a few days ago. I got this link from the Lotus Elite Yahoogroups. Lots of great photos and info from some of the folks that made Lotus the inspiration it is for a lot of us Lotus Addicts on this group.

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread. ... agenumber=

p.s. I haven't seen an Elan yet but i'm only halfway through the 9 pages of text and photos.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:50 pm

What a great link, thanks for posting it Gary.

I've spent 30 minutes just scanning through some of the pages...some great stuff in there. But it's going to take a lot of serious reading.

It looks like you guys are going to have to come over for the opening of the museum! 2012...make a date.

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:06 pm

The best part are the then and now photos, the razor wire on the roof adds a nice touch.

This photo shows what beehive of activity that Delamare Road factory must have been. I don't know the year but I would guess the photo was taken sometime in 1965, lots of LoCorts staged on the left rear and completed examples on the right

p.s. the significance of the Cosworth engineering building is that is where Lotus did the development on the 1957 Elite prototype.
Last edited by garyeanderson on Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:12 pm

TNF on the Autosport site is a great resource and I have used it frequently. They are a very knowledgeable lot over there and some interesting names contribute to the forum.

TNF is a bit of a club (they even have lapel pins and are proud of their early membership numbers - and why not), is really informative and a terrific addition to the historic scene.

For those interested in knowing more about the Chapman museum, visit http://www.colinchapmanmuseum.org.uk/Index.htm

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: