Fuel Crisis.....do Ferrari think its serous?

PostPost by: types26/36 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Orrr yas!

http://www.ferraristore.com/Plushes---T ... _language/

:lol:

Tim
www.lotuselansprint.com
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 pm

[quote="trw99"]Orrr yas!quote]

"SOLD OUT". :cry: ..........and I was about to place my order!
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:50 pm

Havent Ferrari had fuelproblems earlier this year? Somethings tell me there was a guy from Brasil who had to stop at the end of the pitlane. Maybe the have learned from their experiences in F1 and are now trying it in another way.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:08 am

Just joining the bandwagon I think.
A number of European car makers have offered vastly overpriced bikes with their name on.
Porsche comes to mind & BMW has quite a range if you want to pay the price.
It's all part of the physically fit manager type & skinny model image :lol:
What's frustrating is the fact that there are people around with that sort of money to chuck out of the window
:twisted:

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 pm

I guess Lotus has already done more on the fuel-saving front than ferrari.

http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14587

And, they are nicer as well! nfortunately it's only possible to drive them downhill, wonder when there is a solution available to solve that problem as well... :D

Still beautiful in a kind of SciFi way though.

//J
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Oh, I almost forgot the Lotus Bike that caused lots of trouble in the 80's at the Olympics.
"It's got to be disqualified, it's not a proper bike"
Perhaps Lotus were again the forrunners in "Pricey Bikes"? :D

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Lotus has always been a technically highstanding company. Just look at the Lotus 79 wich forced Brabham to build a derivate of the Chaparral 2J.

And look at the alloy construction of the Elise... Glued together instead of riveted/welded/bolted.

Wonder if it's possible to obtain a Lotus bicycle and convert it to road use.

And... Maybe even more important... What would the insurance cost for such a bike? It's really like using a famous painting instead of a noteboooki guess. :lol:

//J - living in the land of bicycles.

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:20 pm

I know some of the bicycle builders use liquid filled bearing assemblies so that the friction is reduced to a minimum. Probably would be usable in a Elan as well since the weight isn't that high. Even thoug the pressure gets really high when cornering.

The fun part about liquid filled bearings is that they keep things cooler as well, hence reducing the risk of braking up.

I agree on the Elise, that really was the way back for Lotus - wich shows in the age the car has reached. 14 odd ears or so is pretty mych for a car.

Cheers!

//Jens - invino veritas, it's friday!

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: