TV U.K.

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Dear All

Being in the back-of-beyond (Glossop,Derbyshire) I am unable to get channel 5 but will try to overcome this because.....

Friday 20 June Channel 5 19:30-20:00

"As one of the world's (sic) leading racing car marques,Lotus represents the very best in engineering technology and design-and,hooray,it's British.In the first of a new series,Peter Snow tells the story of the team of mechanics who put Britain on the international racing map when,in the 1960s,they decided to rip up the rule book and take on Europe's (sic) long-established elite Formula One cars."

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:37 pm

John,

What about a tv adaptor card for your PC/laptop?
They're fairly cheap.

Try dabs.co.uk, pcworld etc.

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gordonlund » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Thanks John,

On that day we will be up in Cumbria on the Club Lotus North West Lakes Invasion. Will try and see it on the Hotel television if they have one in the bar!!

Gordon
gordonlund
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Gordon

With you lot there I don't think the hotel has a chance of any other channel at that time...

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Spend fifteen quid on a digi-box, you cheapskate. :twisted:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:36 am

My Mother-in-law bought me one about 2 years ago as a birthday present,only to find out later thet Glossop doesn't have digital,we'll be getting it around Dec.2009

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:38 am

P.S. anyone watch it?....any good?

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TeeJay » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi John,

I recorded it and have just watched it. It is most interesting with information on the progress of Lotus starting from a small garage, general details re the Lotus 25. Some archive film footage, including discussions with Mike Costin & the Lotus team and some role playing by actors.

If you want to watch it, PM me your address and I will burn a copy to disc and forward it.

I also downloaded via BBC iPlayer, Graham Hill - Driven (1hr).
This had lots of archive film, including the 2 times he drove for Lotus. With footage of Chapman, Stewart, Clarke, Hill, Rudd, BRM & Lotus mechanics etc.
Very interesting and highly entertaining.

I now have 7 days to find out how to "save" this in a suitable format on my computer before it expires in 7 days.
Anyone know how to ?
Trevor
1968 Elan +2 50/0173
TeeJay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Trevor

Cannot you just burn it onto the same disc??

John :wink: :wink: :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Bummer...

Just had a look for it and it's expired!!!

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TeeJay » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:41 pm

John.

Wish it was that simple, maybe it is?

Unlike the "Brits Who Made The Modern World", this was recorded from the TV direct to a hard disk and the file is not protected.

"Driven" was downloaded via the web via BBC iPlayer and it appears on the PC Task Bar as a delivery. It then states that you have 30 days to play it, with 7days left to replay from the date of the first play, via the software BBCiPlayer. So this is protected and it cannot be played after these time periods.
So, as I see it, it needs to be changed from its BBCiPlayer format to a video format within the 7 days. Hopefully then it will not have the 7 days only timescale.

I could be wrong as I have only recently started using the BBCiPlayer and I need to research its technology.
Trevor
1968 Elan +2 50/0173
TeeJay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Trevor

You lost me on line three......not to worry I've got other things to keep me occupied...L.O.T.U.S.

Keep busy

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TeeJay » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:58 pm

John.

Very very true re the LOTUS.
I've just completed the removal of the valve seats & guides and hand cut the seats and reamed the guides. Also replaced one bucket guide, this is out to be machined along with a skim of the head face. Apart from reassemble this is the last of a complete rebuild of the rolling chassis, then on to the body.:roll: :roll:

Other interests are computing & boating, just built a very fast desk top PC and a HTPC (Home Theatre PC) complete with blue ray burner & player with Digital TV tuner. This connects via HDMI to my LCD TV.
Good job I am now fully retired.

As to the Graham Hill program, I have now researched and found a way to remove the DRM protection.

So if you want to watch either or both, let me know and I will forward. When you have watched, then please destroy.
Trevor
1968 Elan +2 50/0173
TeeJay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Trevor

Yes please,was too busy to spend a full hour last week but now all is not lost,will put aside an hour or two to watch,if that is O.K. with you.

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TeeJay » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:19 am

John.
Please PM a forwarding address.

Also, I understand that cash flow is tight when spending on Lotus. :wink:
We also do not get channel 5 or freeview in Snowdonia and the terrestrial TV reception is poor. So up went an ex Sky digital satellite disk, box and expired view card these being redundant equipment as we had canceled our subscription to sky at our place in the Midlands. So a very very cost effective way of getting good quality TV pictures in difficult areas.:D

I do not watch much TV, but its very useful to keep my better half of my back as I spend my time on the +2 or PC activity etc.

Steve:-
It looks like you are not receiving my reply to your PM??
Please try to PM a forwarding address.
Trevor
1968 Elan +2 50/0173
TeeJay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Next

Total Online: