PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Being able to edit a question asked four years ago seems almost as daft as being able to change the thread title to include irrelevant topics.

The thrust of my original post was to ask how to add an avatar... back in 2008. I think that the software has been changed to allow posting of avatars to be much more easy than it was at that time.
Last edited by elansprint71 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:29 am

elansprint71 wrote:How the friggly ming does one add an avatar to one's profile. :evil:

..........haven't got a clue Pete :cry: .........cant even get hold of Jeff Cocking........dont think he exists, part of the Lotus myth :?: :?:
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mac5777 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Adding an avatar to one's profile is a very good question. Another one is how to delete the photos on PM when it says it is too full to add anymore to future PMs. There has to be a method that is eluding me. Jeff Cocking must be on an extended vacation.

sarto
lotus elan 1966 S3 FHC
36/5785
LHD
mac5777
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Pete

I don't even know hat an Avtar is!!

Richard
Lotus Elan Sprint FHC 1973
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:41 pm

I asked about the avatar thing a while back, Jeff said that part of the profile is disabled, owing to some type of issue.

Doesn't explain how some have avatar photos, tho. :?:
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:07 pm

It's all down to good Karma, guys.
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:15 pm

RichardS wrote:Pete

I don't even know hat an Avtar is!!

Richard

A small woolly animal which lives underground, tastes delicious baked with garlic. There used to be a colony on the Hilbre Islands, perhaps they have all been eaten now? :wink:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardS » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:40 am

elansprint71 wrote:
A small woolly animal which lives underground, tastes delicious baked with garlic. There used to be a colony on the Hilbre Islands, perhaps they have all been eaten now? :wink:

Funnily enough my wife walked to Hilbre this week and made no mention!!

An avatar (abbreviations include av ,and avi) is computer user's representation of himself or herself, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games,[1] a two-dimensional icon (picture) used on Internet forums and other communities,[2][3] or a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs. It is an ?object? representing the embodiment of the user. The term "avatar" can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or handle, of an Internet user.[4] ..... all is revealed on Wikipedia.

Richard
Lotus Elan Sprint FHC 1973
RichardS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:55 pm

elancoupe wrote:I asked about the avatar thing a while back, Jeff said that part of the profile is disabled, owing to some type of issue.

Doesn't explain how some have avatar photos, tho. :?:

I created my avatar before access was disabled. I also set my time zone - incorrectly, it turns out, because I appear to be somewhere in China. I can't correct that now and I can't change or delete my avatar. At the time I created it, there was a ridiculously small size limit and the best image I could come up with was too small to see properly. Here it is:
Attachments
cat&money.JPG and
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
I love the sound of a torque wrench in the morning. Sounds like... progress.
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:42 am

Agreed, it's a terrific picture, but I can't see the pancake steering wheel???
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 am

Over on the www.oldschoolford.co.uk they allow avatars in the 50 to 100 kbyte range, my browser times out before it done loading the message. I need to refressh the screen twice just to get past the avatars.
Jeff made a wise move, there are still plenty of folks with dial-up and it would change the the essence of the whole forum.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:27 am

Damn......... my avatar was going to be SIX gears. :twisted:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue May 06, 2008 8:31 am

Interesting, I thought the gear thing was something that Jeff controlled & not a self chosen "Avater".
Do I understand you correcly when you say that this system has now become static?
Sorry about your 6th :wink:
Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:37 pm

elansprint71 wrote:I know this has been covered before :oops: but a search of the archive did not turn anything useful up.

How the friggly ming does one add an avatar to one's profile. :evil:

But, having found out how to do it, what does ones choice of avatar tell us about ones profile? :wink:

Richard :D
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:48 pm

I thought the avatar was the little piccy under the gears?

If it is I don't understand the question .........Richard changes his more often than he changes his underwear :lol:
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: