Fat Bottomed Girls

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 am

This must mean something...

I finished connecting a new radio - the first ever for my car - yesterday, and eagerly turned it on. I hunted up the dial for a station, and the first thing that came out of the speakers was an a capella group performing a Queen song:

"Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round!"

On a weekend that saw the car start and move under its own power for the first time in 16 months, it somehow seems like a good omen.
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
I love the sound of a torque wrench in the morning. Sounds like... progress.
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nhhiker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:13 am

Andy

Great to hear the car is running. Is it all done now? And how does the motor sound?

Good luck with it.

Bill Fralick
nhhiker
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:43 am

Hi Bill,

The motor sounds as if it has no exhaust system aft of the headers, which is in fact the case. I'm spending the weekend and the coming evenings finishing up the last details before I send it off for its custom exhaust - front end alignment, bonnet fitting, boot seal, glove box, scoping out the seat belts and so on. I hope to flatbed it to Bruce next weekend for the exhaust, droop limit straps for the rear wishbones, and shoulder belt mounts on the roll bar - pick it up and on the road the weekend after, just in time for good weather. That's the plan, anyway.

How is your +2 coming?
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
I love the sound of a torque wrench in the morning. Sounds like... progress.
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nhhiker » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:12 am

Andy

I talked to Bruce a weeks ago and his said he was going to weld your system up. Sounds close to getting back on the road.

My +2 is on hold for the time being. I have been busy rebuilding the frame to a series 1 Lotus 7. I had just started putting in the new wiring on the +2. Body work is done and the frame is done. It will be running for the summer.

I am headed to the Lotus meet @ Donnington this year. I am going over with Carl. I hope to find a few parts for my car and meet a few of the guys on this forum.

Bill
nhhiker
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: