Club Lotus Donnington

PostPost by: handi_andi » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Hiya All
I am considering and only considering at this stage going down to Donnington for the Club Lotus Show and was wondering if anyone else from Scotland was thinking of going down. I am happy enough to drive the old girl down on my own, assuming the garage releases her in time, but would be more fun to go in convoy and a little bit reassuirng. Hence I was wondering if there was anyone else from Scotland going down?
Cheers
Andy
Live life to the fullest - that's why I own a Lotus
handi_andi
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:35 am

That is a long way in an Elan :shock:

I assume you are coming down for more than just the show? You can always fly or get the train to Birmingham :wink:
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: handi_andi » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:36 am

My parents live in Chesterfield so would visit them too. It isn't that far in an Elan when you consider I brought it in Flitwick and drove it North!
Andy
handi_andi
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: dusty » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm planning to drive over from Ireland, but not in my Elan! It will be a while before its ready for that sort of journey, or any journey for that matter :D
dusty
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gordonlund » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Andy

My +2 and Sprint have both lived up in the far North at some time or other, Thurso to be exact. Even been further in the Sprint, Orkney to attend a Classic car rally. I'll be at Donington in the +2 with a mate in his dhc Sprint, We travel down from Lancashire on the Friday afternoon and stay at the East Midlands Hilton (Cheap rates available for two night B&B, dinner on first night inclusive) for some years now. If you fancy the whole weekend or any one else for that matter we could take a Lotus convoy. Any takers.

Gordon
gordonlund
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: handi_andi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:40 pm

Gordon
That does sound tempting as it happens, as could go down to edinburgh on the thursday and stay overnight, then go down your nexck of the woods on the Friday morning, then travel with you guys on the friday afternoon.

Just all depends on the state of play with work and with how Lotti is.

Anyone from the Edinbrugh area going down?

Andy
handi_andi
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: