"Stripey" Motorway Vehicles GB

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu May 31, 2007 10:41 am

There are a number of "Stripey" vehicles patrolling our motorways these days and most of them give some of us cause to hammer on the anchors at times.
Being a relative newby to English roads, I have been wondering what sits inside a car marked "Traffic Officer" :?
Is it a Cop or something with similar powers?
Are they capable of measuring your speed & doing something about it if you exceed the prescribed limit?
Of course I would never dream of doing so :lol: :lol:

Back to Germany soon 8)

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Thu May 31, 2007 5:13 pm

If they are green and yellow and marked as traffic officer they are civilians and thus not able to get you for speeding. They are there to assist with breakdowns and RTA.

Just watch out for the unmarked cars and the laser vans on the bridges. You are not paranoid they are out to get you :wink:
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:25 am

Ta very much, I had a feeling they were civvies.
Oh yes the unmarked ones, they planted a total of 9 points on my licence during my last stat on this wonderful Island. Ended up driving around like a granddad.

I don't think I'm paranoid, but I do have a feeling that somebody's reading this :?

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:18 pm

I had a very interesting conversation with the traffic cop driving an unmarked car when he stopped me after I was spotted leaving a roundabout sideways in the Elan. I got away with it though 8)
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:38 pm

steveww wrote:I had a very interesting conversation with the traffic cop driving an unmarked car when he stopped me after I was spotted leaving a roundabout sideways in the Elan. I got away with it though 8)

"Honest 'orificer' its only got skinny tyres and I'm sure I caught a whiff of diesel on the road!" :D
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:38 am

Ah so you were there also :wink:
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:33 pm

Our local traffic cops have just got a totally unmarked navy blue Volvo Estate; I'm not sure if this replaces the unmarked metallic grey Skodas that they were using- the fast ones not the old joke-mobiles. :roll:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:51 am

On my weekly drive to Indianapolis and back, I look out for the unmarked Fords, usually Tauruses, can you believe it? It's a good thing there's not any corners on the Interstate otherwise the Skodas could out run them !
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: