Europa Mk 1 for sale Vancouver

PostPost by: lotusbc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:59 am

http://www.thewebcarlot.com/CARS_FOR_SALE_PAGE_2.php
If anyone has any interest I am very close to where this vehicle is located. Would be happy to take a look and give an impartial opinion, more pics, etc. Also for sale on Ebay.
lotusbc
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:11 am

The item number is 290095424832

Ebay description

1967 Lotus Europa, this car was found in a storage locker, unpaid for 10 years ago, the storage lot took legal posesion and had lighting installed at a british garage, the car was left there for about 8 years and a mechanics lean was placed against it and it became the property of the garage, I purchased it from the garage in order to sell it. it is a 1.4 liter gordini cross flow engine witch was rebuilt when parked 18 years ago, cylinders are soaking in atf and the seals still apear to be in good shape with no leaks. I have the intake manifold, 2 barel webber carb and distributor as well as the starter and altinator. only thing missing is the exaust manifold. the brake master is dry and the throttle cable is broken. this is a complete project vehicle and is being sold as is. you will notice that there seams to be a murmaid on the rear trunk, molded into the fiberglass.

the car is in Vancouver Canada and must be shipped at the new buyers expence.

i have not seen this car running nor have i installed a battery to test out the electrical system, it does apear to be complete, but requires a full restoration.

further questions can be answered through ebay or by calling me at 604-616-9753

please read the whole add, the car is NOT running and requires someone with know how to restore it. do some research before calling and asking questions like what the gas millage is like or how many people can i fit in it ????

this is a rare car, it will not sell for cheap, if a seriose offer is received before the end of the auction, i reserve the rite to end the auction and sell the vehicle privately.

FOR MORE INFO GO TO: http://www.thewebcarlot.com

RE- LISTED BUY IT NOW FOR $6000.00 US

previouse deal fell through, bid all you want but first offer of $6000 us and the auction will end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sold my S1a, 46/0396 to someone in Canada for $2000 USD 4 years ago. As part of the deal I delivered it, a 6 hour drive each way from Massachusetts. Its was a driver that needed total restoration

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:56 am

grab your wallet and run far away from this car ---I am just finishing a europa and this car is more trouble than any one needs --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:39 am

Two well respected netters,two differing opinions,now I am looking forward to the next posts.......

john
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:38 am

Hi John
I'm not sure that Ed and I are that indifferent on our opinions, I say its too much to buy, Ed is saying more money down the road. At $6k to start and then some more to get running and driving you will be upside down very shortly, that is unless the S1 market takes off after 40 years.

Gary

More info here, like no title

http://www.lotus-europa.com/forsale.html
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:12 pm

exactly ---mine cost 5000 bucks to drag home and was in fair shape interior - chassis and body wise ----I had to rebuild the motor and replace all the wiring and brakes and paint --new wheels and tires and many unobtainable parts that good old Don Tingle found for me - the local parts guy put up the closed sign when he sees me coming ---- [ YOU WANT PARTS FOR A RENAULT 16OO??]--I put another 4500 into it plus 2 years work and it may be worth 6 or 7 if I sold it --but thats not why I did the restoration of course --HOWEVER this particular car appears to have been the result of some hot rodders dream that went awry-----it doesn't appear to be a sound candidate for a good car after all the work time and money it will require --the old silk purse deal ---or is it silk panties ????? W.T.H. real lotus drivers are confident enough in their manhood to wear both ---right ??/--ed
Attachments
a2d6.jpg
a2d6.jpg (1.64 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 pm

Yup I would run like H E double toothpicks from that on . Here is one I let go in trade ( valued near the buy now price) less than 2 years ago.
Attachments
europaS1.jpg and
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: