Scissor lift

PostPost by: alanr » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:58 am

Well I have not yet got this sorted but I am still interested in a mid-rise scissor lift.
One issue I am concerned about though is the compatibilty of the longish wheelbase of a +2 with the scissor lift platforms and end ramps dimensions. It seems that for it to work out lifting under the strong end part of the inner sills of a +2 it would mean having one end ramp in the up position and the other down. The question then is does that still allow room for the other wheel to the fully drop, or is it part perched on the dropped end ramp? I have measured and tried to work it out but it seems marginal if it will work out without a lot of faffing around every time the lift is used.

So, I was wondering if anyone had a side shot photo of a +2 with the wheels on, on a mid-rise platform scissor lift so that I can see how the platforms and end ramps work out please?

Thanks,

Alan.
Alan
'71 +2 S130/ 5speed Type9.
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Mudmouse » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Alan, did you pursue this??

If you are interested I have bought a mid rise scissor lift which I have found to be ideal with my +2. I use bog standard gym mats (doubled up to make 20mm of foam material to spread the loading) on the decks which lift up on the strong sections of the floor.
Attachments
2020-02-07 16.27.51.jpg and
2020-02-07 16.27.40.jpg and
2020-02-07 16.27.33.jpg and
Mudmouse
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:02 pm

Mudmouse ( sorry don't know your name).
No I haven't bought yet but still hoping to in the next month or so. My garage electrics are being upgraded in the next couple of weeks.
Those photos are exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much . Looks like it works well for a +2 and the platform length looks perfect.
Can you tell me please what make of scissor lift you have bought and from where?

Alan.
Alan
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Mudmouse » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi Alan, sorry forgot to mention, I'm Steve. I bought the unit from a company called Liftech. They were not cheap (just under £1.5K) but are strongly constructed. Have had a few niggles with them as they are obviously Chinese in origin and the QC on them was not brilliant. They do sell them on eBay but I bought direct using PayPal (for security) . The link for the web site is https://liftech.uk.com/collections/scissor-lifts
If you would like any further info please let me know.

Cheers

Steve
Mudmouse
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks for the information Steve.
Yes Liftech, I have had an email exchange with them a couple of weeks ago when I tried to get more details. I think the platform of that one is slightly shorter than some of them so maybe more suitable for the +2.
All useful stuff, thanks again.

Alan.
Alan
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:18 pm

Steve,
Can you answer another question for me please.
Are you finding it necessary to use some sort of extra platform at either end of the ramp to get sill clearance when driving the car on the scissor lift?

Thanks,

Alan.
Alan
alanr
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Mudmouse » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Alan, the car clears with mm's to spare so if you put 500mm lengths of 15mm or similar ply on either side of the short ramps there is no risk that the bump when it come down off the bed will cause a contact. When the car is sat without any ply under the wheels it is quite tight to get the 20mm of foam cushioning under the front of the sills. So the ply helps here too.

Steve
Mudmouse
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: alanr » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:48 pm

Brilliant information Steve,

Thanks,

Alan.
Alan
alanr
Fourth Gear