clarke garage/workshop

PostPost by: a price » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:20 am

Has anybody got one of these Clarke garages sold by machine Mart. I am about to loose my garage and I am not sure how long I am going to be in my current home so I thought about one of these. I don't fancy an outside bubble as I know that it is trouble getting in and out. I was wondering with a tent if the car would sweat inside/ Thanks
alun
a price
New-tral

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:48 am

They are a great bit of kit for the money Alun, but as they don?t have a base sheet and are therefore not sealed, they will let water in from dripping down the sides and seeping in underneath. You can put a ?ground sheet? in and bring that a little up the sides, but water will still find a way in there in the worst weather.

A friend has one and he uses it more as a car port for 9 months of the year, keeping the door open so that it airs nicely. In the winter he closes it up, but on fine days opens the door to air it and make sure there are no puddles. On Anglesey you may have to check it more often!

Check with your insurance as well if you have classic car cover, as mine (Hagerty) requires the insured cars to be in a secure locked building overnight when at home?I don?t think these covers fall into that category.

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: a price » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:54 am

thanks for your comments Mark
a price
New-tral

PostPost by: grassyknoll » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:15 pm

I have a tent that I stored my plus 2 in.
It has an inner and an outer skin and flaps to fit fans
It has a base sheet too to keep damp out
After my plus 2 I stored contents of a garage and shed during building.
It has guy ropes to keep it up
I have a picture somewhere

Folds up into two bags..

For sale if you want it. Msg me
grassyknoll
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: MarkDa » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:38 am

I used a ?60 tent from Aldi for 3 years. It had a door at one end big enough to drive a car in and out.
Eventually it perished of course - just under 3 years actually; my wife wouldn't let me take it back to get my refund under the 3 year warranty!
It was tremendous value and did what I wanted (store MG Midget) while I rebuilt my sprint in the garage.
I reckon that the lack of sealing in these solutions us a benefit as air movement prevents excessive moisture build up.
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: