Elan lift

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:25 pm

661 wrote:
Spyder fan wrote:
2018-09-06 09.57.52.jpg

Is that to keep the car dry during high spring tides in Pevensey?

my ceiling height is 2.58m and it allows for multi story Elan parking

:D the lift is installed at Tunbridge Wells..... there?s a flood warning at Herbrand Walk today, but hopefully we shall be safe at 400ft above sea level back here in Kent! Hope your GTS (26R) project is going well? We really should meet up at some stage being only a couple of miles apart for half the week!
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: a price » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Anybody tried one of these
E Z car lift from USA. Looks the business. Frost auto had them for a short while but I cannot see them advertised now.
a price
New-tral

PostPost by: jbeach » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:15 pm

I am a very pleased EZ Carlift customer!
Here are a couple of photos from a while back:
img_2093.jpg and

img_2092.jpg and

Its perfect for my needs - solid and safe, provides unobstructed access, portable, and folds flat. It's a quality product that's made here in US. You purchase directly from the owner/manufacturer, Boytcho Manev ([email protected]" target="_blank" target="_blank), in California. Boytcho is knowledgeable, helpful, and a true pleasure to deal with.

Now that I'm done with my lift for a while, I've lent it to a friend, who is happily using it for his BMW 2002 project.

If you're thinking about a non-permanent lift for creeper/stool access, you cannot do better than the EZ Carlift.

-John
John Beach
'69 Elan S4 DHC - A Work in Progress
jbeach
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:34 pm

I looked at it but needed it to work with a few cars, which meant I need various extra bits. So it got very expensive.

I went for quick Jack bl5000 in the end. Pretty happy with it, not quite as good side access as the ez car lift bit good apart from that.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:30 pm

after much deliberation I went for a mid-rise scissor lift which gives good access, adjustable lifting points [takes the elan and elite] is parked under a car out of the way when not in use.....I would have preferred a 4 post but my problem was restricted room especially width....

very happy with it...

:D fred :D
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: