Spinner Tool

PostPost by: Rozzer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 am

That's a very tidy piece of kit Richard, but for those of us less handy, the Sarto Rocheleau spinner tool (as vetted by Jay Leno http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/tools/knockoff-spinner-tools/) is a also a neat design, and saves all the concerns expressed elsewhere about the right hammer to use :)

Sarto is at http://knockoffspinnertool.com/

I have no commercial arrangement with the manufacturer, just a happy client!
Ashton
1954 Healey 100 (Gidget)
1958 Series 2 Land Rover
1962 Lotus Elite S2 #1591
1964 Lotus Elan S1.5 26/4177
1998 Lotus Elise S1
2003 Mini Cooper S R53
2013 BMW 118d Conv
If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
Rozzer
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Junks » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:53 pm

The ones on ebay are from a guy called Lionel who made the tools for the jags. I contacted him & sent him some spinners & he made from those - PM me if you want his contact details - I think they were about ?40 posted :)
Junks
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Junks wrote:The ones on ebay are from a guy called Lionel who made the tools for the jags. I contacted him & sent him some spinners & he made from those - PM me if you want his contact details - I think they were about ?40 posted :)

Thanks Junks just had a spinner tool delivered from Lionel and it works fine with both standard wheels and Minilites.

Tony
Attachments
image.jpg and
Spinner Tool
image.jpg and
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:02 am

Tony
Interested,are they Ali? How about the strength of the "fingers"?

Thanks
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 am

John,

The spinner is ali, guess time will tell how it stands up. The guy who made it has been doing them for Jaguars for some time. I have added a photo showing fingers in more detail

The cost was less than ?40 inc postage, which I felt was very reasonable.

Tony
Attachments
image.jpg and
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: silverlink » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:31 pm

Just made contact with Lionel who is sending me one of his spinner tools at a cost of ?39-00 inc postage which seems very reasonable compared to others on the market.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good torque wrench for use with this item bearing in mind the high torque load needed when tightening.
Ian
silverlink
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: S2Jay » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Does anyone know if Lionel will / can ship to U.S.? Does anyone have any contact info to him for us in the colonies?

This looks like a very interesting design. The only feature that does not show well in the pics is where the socket grips the tool. I would presume that this is also well designed, but it would be encouraging to hear a report from a user, and/or a clearer pic of this feature. It is difficult to see how deep this is, and the only pic of this end makes it look like the socket could slip off. Apparently this is not the case, but it is not easy to determine from these pics alone. Probably just my paranoia.

Jay
just looking for clues at the scene....
S2Jay
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jono » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:32 pm

I've been using one of Lionel's tools for a while now - it works very well and is excellent VFM.

I purchased a 3/4 drive socket and 900mm breaker bar (Sealey brand) which do the job but the bar deflects to a concerning degree when you get towards the right sort of torque. I have taken to giving the spinner a couple of wacks with a heavy hammer on a lump off wood to finish off and this seems to do the trick.

Jon
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ricarbo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:24 pm

Ian, I bought a Clarke Pro half inch drive digital torque adapter (model No. PRO238) and a 900 mm breaker bar, both from Machine Mart. This worked out cheaper for me than a torque wrench suitable for the high value needed.
regards
Richard
ricarbo
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: silverlink » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:43 am

Just received my spinner tool from Lionel and it looks a nice bit of kit, all I need now is my car to try it out on! I'm hoping it will be with me soon from the painters.
Many thanks Lionel, what a nice man! :D
Ian
Last edited by silverlink on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverlink
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: S2Jay » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have any contact info for Lionel that can be made public?

Also interested to know if he will work with those of us in the colonies and can ship to us here on this side of the world.

Many thanks for any assist or clarification.

Jay
just looking for clues at the scene....
S2Jay
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tonyr27 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Jay,
I' sure Lionel will happily discuss details with you.
One of the images I posted above has his contact details on a sticker in the tool.

I'm reluctant to type his details in case net trolls misuse the information. I will also PM his details if any one requests them.

Please note I am a satisfied customer and have no commercial interest in the product etc.

TonyR
1966 S3 FHC Medici Blue
tonyr27
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: silverlink » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Just had an email from Lionel who has asked me to mention should anyone wish to order his three eared spinner tool you may contact him at the following:
Lionel Roberts
email: wheelwidgetathotmail.co.uk
when emailing substitute @ for at
His charge for the spinner tool is ?39-00 including postage
Thanks
Ian
silverlink
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: joc » Tue May 20, 2014 8:35 am

Thank for alerting me to Lionel Robert's spinner tool Junks. Just got mine today, beautifully made and a pleasure to deal with Lionel. John
joc
New-tral

PostPost by: Bud English » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 pm

For those stateside...
I just received my shipment from Lionel. ?49-00 including postage, shipped to the US. Easy transaction directly with him. Paid through PayPal. The tool works well with my factory alloys.
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: