Koni rebuild seal kit wanted front S4 and rear x2.

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:19 pm

I am hoping someone has access or can please provide a kit for rebuilding the front Koni shocks on my S4. I would likely go for a few Special D for the rear too.

Mainly because the costs of shipping has exceeded the value, I would prefer to ship the seals.
New old stock, whatever!

Kind Regards
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 pm

do they actually leak, or is it for preventive maintenance ? or do you want to change the oil somehow (e.g. for a different grade)...

I'd be potentially interested in a source for rebuilding these, though I suppose someone sufficiently motivated to open one up would be able to check dimensions... so far mine have been performing well, the only thing I got done on a spare used set about 6 years ago was to get them tested on a bench so that they are calibrated to the same level (awaiting installation), I got that done by a Bilstein shop who did not have any older red Konis parts anymore, so an oil change would have been expensive (possibly requiring refabrication of seals).
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:50 pm

Only for historic, significant, Koni prowess.
The rears seem easy to do (Elantrikbits has a section- I wish Col would produce a book!) and probably only require oil refreshed.
The fronts are the ones I am concerned with, there is a place in Western Canada able/competent, but only Koni dealers are able to supply seals (they dont want them without access to parts). Years ago, there were a few more places who could acquire Koni parts. I was hoping someone knows someone who could help, again, as shipping is so dear these days and I am very remote.
I sure am not in any rush, though, I would like some new seals at least for the front, to have on the shelf here.
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Still on the hunt, if you know someone in the business?
Cheers
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: