Which front pads ?

PostPost by: reb53 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:09 am

69S4 wrote:
reb53 wrote:
They now get cut up to use as replacement material for the handbrake.

Ralph.

How does that work - do you just glue the stuff on (epoxy?).

Literally years since I've needed to do it but from memory I rivetted some suitably sized bits on with brass rivets.
I have a spring on the adjusting rod that joins the pads so they don't rattle, and don't rub/wear.

Cheers,
Ralph.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:21 am

2cams70 wrote:
rgh0 wrote:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-robertboschgmbh-kps-idUKTRE80919X20120110

I hope the private equity buyers are maintaining the original Bosch standards

cheers
Rohan

If Bosch have sold that business you can be fairly certain that the pads will no longer be labelled "Bosch". The ones listed on the Rockauto website may no longer be available or old stock. Plenty of other reputable brands listed by Rockauto - eg. Raybestos or AC Delco. Aside from the usual Bendix, Akebono is also great quality if you can get them. They supply the Japanese OEM's.

You can buy new Bosch branded pads everywhere so I suspect the Rockauto ones will not be old stock Bosch ones from many years ago I would not buy them because its is not clear who makes them to what standards. Most business sales such as Bosch's old tech brake division also involve the on going use of the business brand names so the purchasers of the Bosch brake businesses in Europe and USA probably also bought the right to use the brand name. Whether Bosch also kept the right to use the name for brake pads, I dont know but maybe they did and now have someone like TRW make the pads for them also.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: