+2 actuating handbrake rod

PostPost by: mini90 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Dear all

I 'm working on rear brakes on my +2 S car and i discover that actuating handbrakes rods looks not original parts and are re-welded

I'm looking for informations about correct lenth of left and right part in order to make new ones
does anyone could help me and tell me about mesurement of these parts (axis to axis)

thanks
aurelien from france
mini90
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:01 pm

Aurelien,

I cannot give you a direct answer as my car is a 2 seat S4. I made the rods from 4mm round bar with a long series clevis at each end. I threaded the rod to have a right hand thread on one end and a left hand thread at the other end. Clevises are available with left and right hand threads. You can get an approximate length by measuring, and then adjust for the correct length by tuning the rod between the clevises. You will need a lock nut on one end to stop the rod turning in service, but you do not need to remove anything to adjust the length.

Hope this helps

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mini90 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Thank you richard
I made something right according to you're answer

I used classic mini handbrake cable parts to make new adjustable and stronger rods:

mini90
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: geni » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:44 am

I'm also looking for these yokes with these right and left nets! if you can provide the seller's address with these details, it would be nice to share
geni
geni
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:16 pm

Clevis or fork ends or fork heads are standard components to DIN 71752. As far as I know there are standard and long series, I used long, as they allow a larger amount of angular movement.

I am not sure who I bought from but it was one of these three companies.

W D S Components.

Springfix Linkages.

Berger tools Ltd.

I don’t think any of these components or companies are UK only. I had to wait for delivery of “long left hand thread
m4” as although they are a standard catalogue item the supplier had no stock.

Hope this helps

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: