Lotus Elan wheels ?

PostPost by: bp500 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi,
I have acquired some Lotus parts and amongst them are some Lotus steel wheels. I have five of these. 2 of them are similar and are 5 ½ X 13. They look like Elan wheels but have much more of a negative offset. I have 3 more with a similar offset and are 6 x 13 in size but have been a banded. I have attached photos of all the wheels. I would greatly appreciate any information or thoughts on what models they would have been made for.
Attachments
L3.jpg and
L1.jpg and
L4.jpg and
L3.jpg and
bp500
New-tral

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:53 am

Hi and welcome.

These are indeed Elan wheels but are more likely to be for Series 3/4 and Sprint as they are knock ons.

They would only fit a seriously modified car with wide arches so are intended for race/rally use. I suspect the 5.5’s are for the front and the 6’s for the rear.

I presume you’d like to sell them? Couldn’t offer any advise on that. Standard original wheels now sell in the £150/£180 per wheel range. There would be an extremely limited market for them so you’d be lucky to find a buyer to be honest so negotiate what’re ever you can.

Good luck.

What else did you get?
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bp500 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for information. I had thought they may have some racing links. I have some standard +2 wheels as well as an Elan chassis.
Regards,
bp500
New-tral

Total Online: