Lockheed servo

PostPost by: davidj » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Good afternoon,

I am going to have to replace the girling servo on my +2. The final straw was brake fluid in the air vent (!).

Has anyone pictures of the lockheed unit fitted in the +2 they can please send me, single circuit brakes, as I am going to have to modify the mounting.

Thanks.

David
davidj
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:25 am

Salut David

Here's a picture:

+2 S DHC 030.jpg and

And another:

SDC10718.JPG and

I think the white air vent should be pointing up within a certain degree described in the installation instructions. Not the case in the second photo but there were no braking problems.

The Girling looks nicer IMHO but is expensive to rebuild unless you do it yourself.

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Dave_Newcastle » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

The white valve should be pointing downwards, at least 30 degrees below the centre line and as per the second photo.

See:

http://gentry.zxq.net/Remote_Servo_Installation.pdf

Having said that, my Lockheed/Delphi servo was mounted correctly and sometimes used to stick on at braking. The bore diameter on that valve is very small and this contributes to it sticking. In the end I gave up with it and reverted back to the Girling unit (fully refurbed)
Dave_Newcastle
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:30 pm

this bit.....
thanks for the link Dave
Attachments
Lockheed-fitting.jpg and
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 am

Here's mine, orientated front to back. Looks like it's attached to the original Girling bracket with an adaptor plate (I didn't originally fit it). I did plumb in a 'U' bend in the vacuum pipe though, as recommended in the installation instructions.
Attachments
P1080353.png and
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: