Tyres

PostPost by: racy7 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:55 pm

By the end of this summer the tyres on my S4 will be at the end of their legal working life so must be replaced. I am currently using Dunlop SP10. These have served me well but is there anything better. The car is used for normal road use (no track work) and covers 4-7000 miles per year

So what is the collective view of all you experts stay with Dunlop or move to something better??
racy7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Pretty quiet on the subject of tyres. It's pretty well been beaten to death.

You might try posting this in the Suspension / Steering / Brakes / Wheels / Tyres section of the forum for better results.

Here's a couple of recent threads on the subject that I found there:

lotus-suspension-f42/tyres-for-elan-sprint-t28741.html
lotus-suspension-f42/tires-revisit-newbie-t26741.html

I'm not much help to you as I have a +2 in the US. The selection of tyres that will work seems to be better where you are than here. Good luck.
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Pistacchio sprint 72 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:13 am

I tried the Michelin XAS FF . Very nice look. Very sticky and rather soft compound as FF stand for Formule France so as used on single seater.

The problem is that they are expensive. I killed two of these with a bad geometry and had to replace my front tires in emergency. :(

I bought two Vredestein Classic sprint. They behave well but I noticed that when I break hard I block the wheels. This significates for me that the rubber compound is pretty hard.

So there is a real difference between the hard vredestein sprint and the soft XAS FF... and also regarding the price as the Michelin are nearly 3 times the price of the Vredestein... :shock:

:mrgreen:
Cooled down by CliveyBoy!
Pistacchio sprint 72
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: