no more squeak!!! hurraaaaaaa!

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 am

..........good f. news! all of those rotoflex and disc surfaces (20 or so all told?) got a shot fo OUR miracle mix:
yes, you guessed right: WD40! ......................silence prevails and 20 hours of unpaid labour saved!! sometimes gifts come from heaven --------------- have a nice SUNday sandy j 36/4982
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Hmmmmmm....so something was moving making the noise...now you've lubricated it and silenced it... but it's still moving???

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu May 09, 2013 3:55 pm

you?re right john BUT let?s hope the 2 surfaces in question are only 0,001mm apart and that they only
need a thou worth of "natural" lapping - i drove 200km today - no squeaks -- and, of course, i?m praying for the above PLUS (a great relief, as u may know) it?s not the bearings!!!! greetings from the curves sandy 36/4982
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu May 09, 2013 6:30 pm

You didn't put WD40 on the disk brake surfaces or brake pads did you?

:o
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu May 09, 2013 7:29 pm

nope - the wd40 has a perfect long nozzle - i?m trying to adjust my all new tony thompson
suspension - so far a major step forward and the new mintex pads are superb -------------
------ getting close to my mike wilson (parilla) karts ---------------- yihey!!!!!!!!!!!! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu May 09, 2013 9:21 pm

billwill wrote:You didn't put WD40 on the disk brake surfaces or brake pads did you?

:o

we all know that WD40 is not for brake discs/pads,I use high temperature grease.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Fri May 10, 2013 6:17 am

hi john - someone was saying wd40 dries in which case (if the squeak comes back) i?d probably
use some kluber grease - currrently it?s been cured - cheers sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Fri May 10, 2013 6:34 am

Some say that it is hard to understand...this English sense of humour...

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 am

Sandy,
I'm pleased your squeaks have gone away, my +2 creaked and groaned after it's rebuild and I had to get the squirty stuff out on it to shut it up. I would suggest silicone lubricant is the stuff you should have used, also lasts a lot longer than WD 40 and you can get it in spray cans, in fact WD40 market a silicone based spray. When assembling new suspension parts the pot of silicone grease should be by your side which my mechanic obviously forgot.

There are differing opinions regarding WD40 and it's effects on rubber components, their web site says it's safe for use on rubber, but there's lots of people who would advise you not to.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:39 pm

My nightmare used to be when a client filled the air sevice unit lubricator bottle on a machine with the stuff. Trouble always followed. Nacked air solinoid valves etc...

Careful with the WD. Its a good product and does its job well but check where its safe and unsafe to use. I sprayed some part or other on my lads Kart before a race and got it on the disc. You should have seen the look he gave me as he flew past. I wondered what was up. He admitted that he had never gone round corner? so fast ever.

Heh!

AB.
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 am

alonso probably had some on his discs yesterday - as did raikkonen! cheers sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: