Lotus Elan

+2 Tyres?

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:22 pm

I bought a pair of the new replica alloys a while ago and had new tyres (165/80x13) fitted by the guy that does all of Paul Matty's tyre fitting. These are supposed to be easier to mount tyres on to but even then, a small 2" piece of rubber came off the bead on one tyre while they were being fitted. The fitter said it happens all the time :shock: but that, as I am running tubes, it would be fine. It happens so often apparently that they don't bother telling Matty's any more...

I gather Vintage Tyres are doing Dunlop Aquajets (the original fitment back in the day) now, also listed on Longstone's website

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Well we managed to get a set of tyres fitted today :) we ended up going to a Place that do allot of motorsport. so there used to struggling getting Slicks on / off. To our suprise they didn't struggle at all and there was a message on the Phone when we got back from dropping them off saying all done come back and get them :)

Very happy :) we ended up putting 165/80/13's on and the wide wall looks a little taller than i remember it but tbh i'm just glad to have rubber on the Rims :)

WHoooo

Thanks for the Help Guys :)
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: kstrutt11 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:29 pm

I had a similar problem with one of my wheels, it turned out the particular wheel had a much thicker bead than the others on the outside, skimming 5mm off on the lathe and rounding the bead worked a treat.
kstrutt11
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: