Top wishbone length

PostPost by: stevebroad » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Anyone got a +2 workshop manual to hand? I am trying to find out the length of the front top wishbone. This is the distance between the centre of the chassis studs and the centre of the top ball joint, measured perpendicular to the chassis and not along the wishbone itself. My Elan manual has a drawing showing the suspension so I am guessing that the Plus 2 has a similar drawing.
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Seeing you asked in the Elan section I figured I might as well post that page you referred to of the Elan arm lengths so that in the future someone looking for it will find it. Maybe ask in the plus 2 section and get the answer that you are seeking?

Gary
Attachments
front arm lengths.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: stevebroad » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:07 am

Yes, that would have been sensible :-)

I am a bit confused by one of the dimensions. The distance between the top ball joint holes seems too large. The distance should be around 38mm, but your drawing shows 45.97mm. I wonder if dimensions d and e have been transposed?
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi Steve

It's not my drawing, it's out of the Factory Lotus Elan Workshop Manual. That said, lots of things are not quite correct but its a good reference material to get an idea of whats what. This is a photo of a pair of arms and is as you say C: is one and a half inches. My guess is that C: and E: have been transposed.

a bit more from the past:
Repost: Front wishbone discrepancy in manual
elan-archive-f16/repost-front-wishbone-discrepancy-manual-t9632.html
Attachments
front arm length.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: