S4 Hand Brake component

PostPost by: DaveAlmey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:20 am

Hi All,

I've previously posted this in the Wanted section and seems like its one of the unobtainium bits. So here's hoping someone might have a spare or have their handbrake in bits on the bench and can sketch me one out so I can make one.

What I am seeking is the small fitting in the end of the umbrella handbrake lever that retains the outer cable. Seems quite easy to reverse engineer it but if it holds the outer cable either to long or short the adjustment is all up the spout.

Thanks in advance

Dave & Jaks
1969 S4SE DHC (nearing completion)
Regards

Dave

Yes I know I cant spell, but can weld, spray paint, lay grp and rebuild engines.

69 S4SE DHC
DaveAlmey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 am

DaveAlmey wrote:Hi All,

I've previously posted this in the Wanted section and seems like its one of the unobtainium bits. So here's hoping someone might have a spare or have their handbrake in bits on the bench and can sketch me one out so I can make one.

What I am seeking is the small fitting in the end of the umbrella handbrake lever that retains the outer cable. Seems quite easy to reverse engineer it but if it holds the outer cable either to long or short the adjustment is all up the spout.

Thanks in advance

Dave & Jaks
1969 S4SE DHC (nearing completion)

There are two types of hand-brake lever, one with a white release "button" and one which twists to release. Which one do you have?
I think there are photos somewhere on here already but I'm usually mistaken. :wink:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DaveAlmey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:02 am

Hi

This one has the white push to release button.

Thanks

Dave
Regards

Dave

Yes I know I cant spell, but can weld, spray paint, lay grp and rebuild engines.

69 S4SE DHC
DaveAlmey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 am

Last edited by Guest on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DaveAlmey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Gary

Thanks for the link, I had searched the site and did not find this.

Great help, thanks

Dave
Regards

Dave

69 S4SE DHC
DaveAlmey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Dave, I've got the twist-to-release type on my Sprint and the end of the housing has a piece that was brazed on with a nut to hold a small set screw. The set screw holds the outer sheath of the handbrake cable. Hope this helps

Greg Z
Attachments
DSC02689.JPG and
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: