Colin Chapman Steering Wheel

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:43 pm

types26/36 wrote:Richard dont get a complex about it ....there are 49 pages of "unanswered posts" I'm sure someone loves you... :lol: :lol: .

Well I've become quite fond of him but only in an English and manly sort of way :shock: :lol:
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 pm

bilcoh wrote:B) You include a receipt for a PayPal donation of $5 to the LotusElan.net general beer fund, in which case, someone will respond within 24 hours.

Dave

Well spotted Dave. Go to the bottom of this or any page on the forum, hit Support LotusElan.net and donate. I think/hope most of us who have been on here a while make an annual donation to Jeff to keep the board running and as a way of saying thank you.

Hit it boy, hit it!

Tim

PS Back OT, some steering wheels; the Sprint ones both from Federal cars, just to keep our N American listers happy!
Attachments
0069J 5.JPG and
Sprint wheel with later horn push
0028J Original 5K Miles 2011 6.jpg and
Sprint wheel with earlier horn push
UCS 4.jpg and
In period black spoked Mota-Lita wheel - and 8 track cassette!
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 pm

SimonE wrote:Thanks for your prompt replies to my earlier question guys ;)

Its in the Archives - sorry didn't realise there was one - what is wrong with giving a reply to a question??

You folk really need to be more welcoming to new peeps :D

I am normally very friendly to new peeps, but only to polite ones; your attitude really pisses me off!

So you EXPECT answers within 4 hours from people who've owned their Lotuses for 40 years? We obviously work on a slower time scale than you.

You are being incredibly RUDE, like barging into a club house where members are quietly chatting over a beer & shouting out "Hey where does this Steering Wheel come from" instead of quietly going over the the reference library & looking it up.

So you didn't KNOW there was an archive !! Just about ALL forums on the web have archive, just search for the SEARCH function. Just how long did you look for the existence of an archive? I bet it was about 4 seconds if at all, rather than 4 hours.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:Why don't you show Simon exactly where slotted steering wheels with the signature are referenced in the archives, Bill?

Mark

The issue is not whether or not the answer is in the archives, it is that he didn't bother to look.

It's not my job to look for him; I have too many other things to do with my life, like chasing QED as to why they haven't come up with a new Cylinder Head for me yet.

Polite newbee enquirers look through the archives first & mention that they have been unable to find the answer there.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:Why don't you show Simon exactly where slotted steering wheels with the signature are referenced in the archives, Bill?

Mark

http://www.lotuselan.net/cgi-bin/search ... oom_sort=0
Deeper dives into the specifics are up to the person who wants to know! :wink:
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AHM » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Simon E,

I still know nothing about your steering wheel.

You say it is from an S3, but also not what you thought you were buying - is it a fake?

When you get a moment could you post your findings.

Thanks,

Simon
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:52 am

'Fake' is a strange word.. What does it mean exactly? If Colin didn't personally sit there with a Dremel and sign each wheel, aren't they all 'Fake'..? It was all done with a stamp, which this thread suggests is still in existence. If so, then one stamped yesterday is as much 'original' as one done decades ago.

Funny thing, originality and provenance.

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: