Rear shock dimensions?

PostPost by: bilcoh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:14 pm

I'd just like to second that, about the "excellent forum" bit.

As a group, it's an extremely powerful resource. And not to diminish the contributions of everyone else, but I'm continually amazed by two major contributors:

Gary - who can seem to produce a photo of whatever you need to see, and from any angle, with just a few hours notice.
Richard - who can give you a link to any previous thread that might hold the answer to your question.

Thanks to everyone. I'm trying to follow in your footsteps and catalog what I can for future generations. Speaking of which, what happens when we all die off? Morbid consideration, but do you think our lovely little cars will be running around in the hands of enthusiasts another 25-50 years from now? Anyone mentoring that next generation to take over when you're done fighting the lovely little beast?

Cheers, and a good weekend to all, especially those who might catch some late season back road adventures.

Dave
Dave
'66 Elan S2 - 26/4378
bilcoh
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:22 pm

bilcoh wrote:...... Speaking of which, what happens when we all die off? Morbid consideration, but do you think our lovely little cars will be running around in the hands of enthusiasts another 25-50 years from now?
Dave

Yes I sometimes wonder that, I'm not sure the youngsters are so interested these days.

Modern cars do not invite tinkering and I suspect fewer young people have the oily finger nails we had as kids.
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:39 pm

bilcoh wrote:I'd just like to second that, about the "excellent forum" bit.

As a group, it's an extremely powerful resource. And not to diminish the contributions of everyone else, but I'm continually amazed by two major contributors:

Gary - who can seem to produce a photo of whatever you need to see, and from any angle, with just a few hours notice.
Richard - who can give you a link to any previous thread that might hold the answer to your question.

Thanks to everyone. I'm trying to follow in your footsteps and catalog what I can for future generations. Speaking of which, what happens when we all die off? Morbid consideration, but do you think our lovely little cars will be running around in the hands of enthusiasts another 25-50 years from now? Anyone mentoring that next generation to take over when you're done fighting the lovely little beast?

Cheers, and a good weekend to all, especially those who might catch some late season back road adventures.

Dave

Dave,

I'm not sure which Richard you're referring to...if it's me then I'm :oops: :oops:

My efforts, such as they are, relate in part to a discussion on here about "How to Improve the Forums". (I feel that Gary has the same thing in mind when posting pictures and adding links to other threads)

It was before you joined, but I believe it all started with an approach to Jeff about the difficulty in finding "things".

announcements-f32/request-update-forums-please-read-t21863.html

The search facility has been improved. However, given that we have a forum, and not a database structure (with all the rules that implies) I see any cross referencing as a "good thing". Others might disagree.

(A couple of my recent posts were intended to illustrated that, for new users in particular, the search term(s) needs thinking about. While a particular solution might not be found under "Crank" (1025 hits) it may well be contained in "Crankshaft" (350 hits) or vice versa.

I have, and hopefully will continue to, read a lot on here...but I now have a secret weapon :wink: I have asked my wife to do the same...and she never forgets a bl**dy thing! :)
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bilcoh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Richard, I do indeed mean you. But wait a minute....you mean to say that your wife reads all our prattlings just to act as a sort of human reference system in support of you? Should I be thinking of you as the "wizard behind the curtain" rather than the "great and powerful OZ"?

Either she truly loves you, you're exceptionally handsome, or you possess a great deal of money. It can't possibly be that she's eternally captivated by your love of the Elan. (Please don't say that's the case, as it just wouldn't be fair :( ).
In any case, you seem to be experiencing good fortune.

Dave
Dave
'66 Elan S2 - 26/4378
bilcoh
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: