Angle Drive Help

PostPost by: memini55 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi Russ,
Glad the angle drive worked out for you, I too have rebuilt a few with a piece of square stock and it works better than the dang flex shaft. The problem is on a cold morning or when not lubed correctly the stiff cable will cause the flex part to snap. Don't toss the old one as you may want it rebuilt for a spare.

On the muffler front if you are using a straight pipe to the back and a muffler in straight line I bought a nice one from Moss and I think it was for a Sprite if I remember correctly. Kind of a thrush cherry bomb type with dual chrome tips. Worked out well and it has a very nice throaty sound. Maybe not totally quite but a nice sound.
Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: collins_dan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Russ, since you don't need the header right away, you may want to send it off to be jetcoated, which reduces the engine compartment temp considerably from what I've heard. That is what i am planning for a future project. Dan
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 am

collins_dan wrote:Russ, since you don't need the header right away, you may want to send it off to be jetcoated, which reduces the engine compartment temp considerably from what I've heard. That is what i am planning for a future project. Dan

You're right I don't need it right away. I had concidered it, and I might as well check it out.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: