Road holding and handling........

PostPost by: rgh0 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:34 am

Jerry

I have posted a couple of photos in the Rohans Elans gallery. The cable restrains the droop to a little less than what the donuts allowed. maybe about 10 mm. Without the cable the suspension droops about 50 mm more with the Cv joints

Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:20 pm

Mark

Cheshire Lotus Owners Group next meet on the 4th Dec

The Swettenham Arms
Swettenham,
Nr. Congleton,
Cheshire CW12 2LF

cheers
:P
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:44 pm

Jerry,
I made a right angled steel clip that mounts under the outside head of the lotocone bolt. Through that is a loop of 1" nylon strap that is attached to the strut body via a two-piece aluminum clamp that fits directly onto the threaded sleeve portion of the Dave Bean rear spring modification kit. It means there are no modifications which must be welded onto the chassis. The clip is side specific because of the orientation of the lotocone bolt is opposite from oneside to the other. The lower clamp is identical since I made it so it could be flipped over and used in either situation pointed forward or rearward.

I've got one more tweak to do to the front suspension. My RE92s wear out the outside edge of the thread in about 10k miles. I'm running the stock ride height and that gives it a slightly positive camber. Need to shorten the upper a-arms and give it more negative camber. Hopefully that will not harm the grip level at the edge of the traction circle.

My car keels over just about the same amount as Rohan's from the looks of it. Just I run slightly softer springs and need the extra 2" suspension travel so my springs are loaded about the same at speed. 8)
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jkolb » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:29 am

Thanks Keith.

Rohan, how do I get into your gallery? When I search it comes up empty.

Jerry
jkolb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:39 am

Photos are there in the gallery when I look in rgh0>Rohan Elans not sure why you could not see them. It may have related to the maintenance work jeff was doing.

Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:43 pm

mark
sorry you didnt make it over last weekend!!!!...
the next meet will be the 8th of Jan rather than the 1st!!!!!
also the CLOG meets are the first sunday in every month 1:30 swettenham arm, swettenham.
youre more than welcome when the weather gets better!!!!
cheers
gareth
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:48 am

GAareth,
Thanks for the reminder. I dont like to have the car out in too much rain. Even worse when the roads are full of salt. Will make a concerted efforts to produce an effect "no rain, no salt dance" when the next one comes around.

cheers
Mark
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:24 am

toe in produces the most stability as the dynamics of braking cause the wheel and tire to straighten out -to zero --if nothing is bent or worn out try 1/8 total toe in at front [1/16 per side] and 3 /16 total toe in at the rear ----ed :shock:
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: